Technics SL-J110R Belt

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I had packed away mt Technics Record Deck due to a house move, I decided to put it in a different box to keep it safe but I had noticed the belt had come off.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how the belt goes back on....... Does anyone know ?

I've done the obvious and looked on the net but can't really find much - The manual I have also shows how to disassemble but nothing in there about putting the belt back on.

Thanks

Chris.

A

Anonymous

Did you ask on the forum? The other option is audiokarma. I'm currently repairing a couple of Technics Linear tracking TTs and both forums have been a great help.

A

Anonymous

Did you look at the owner's manual? It looks like it sits on the rim on the underside if the platter, and all you have to do is pull it out and slip it over the pulley.

If it has come off completely you'll need to pull off the platter, slip the belt round the rim, then put the platter back on and do as above.

The only problem is pulling the platter off - can be a rotten job.

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have placed the Belt around the Rim and the belt still feels really slack even with the turntable part re-assembled.

I will have a look on the other forums thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

The belt has to go over the rim. You then need to pull it out and put it over the drive pulley. This will give it the tension it needs. There's a drawing in the owner's guide which shows you how to do it.

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have attached the belt around the drive pulley (left hand side) and placed the belt around the rim and it is still rather slack, I only used the deck about 2 weeks ago and it was spot on so I dont suppose I need a new belt.

I looked in the manuals I have one is 6 pages and mentions nothing but how to change the styluses and the various diffrent parts and doesn't mention anything about the belt. The other manual I have tells you how to replace everything but the belt and gives the part number for the belt but no drawings on how to replace it.

Thanks for all of your help.

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
OK I've dug and dug, it is lookin' like I may be investing in a new TT.

I've tried this belt in more ways than one and give up now.

Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts