Technics SL-1200GR2

Corpus_Chain

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
It's always slightly amusing to see a "hi-fi" review of a product clearly aimed at the DJ market, but it's interesting nonetheless to see how you perceive its audio quality. For me, the biggest problem with using a DJ turntable for hi-fi use is making sure the pitch control is set perfectly at 0, which isn't always easy.

Gray

For me, the biggest problem with using a DJ turntable for hi-fi use is making sure the pitch control is set perfectly at 0, which isn't always easy.
I don't think you'd have too much problem setting / keeping the speed of this deck accurate - not least by using its 'reset' button.
(And more accurate than many other (variable or fixed) speed decks).

manicm

It's always slightly amusing to see a "hi-fi" review of a product clearly aimed at the DJ market, but it's interesting nonetheless to see how you perceive its audio quality. For me, the biggest problem with using a DJ turntable for hi-fi use is making sure the pitch control is set perfectly at 0, which isn't always easy.
It's not aimed at the DJ market at all. Technics just retained the design. From what I understand the pitch is digitally controlled.

neilford

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
"... whose superb handling of timing and dynamics" . Can you please measure these and compare with Rega P6 ?

These reviews are a load of subjective waffle!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts