Tannoy Revolution XT6F bi-amp

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
manufelices said:
Interesting suggestion. Do you mean pre-out of the c355bee in for example ”aux in” of the c320bee?

This will enable you to use the C320BEE volume control to adjust the output of the high frequencies relative to the bass/mid.

You will need to do this by ear though.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
You have removed the connecting bars between the two sets of binding posts on your speaker.

The bass driver is wired to the speaker outputs of the C355. The mid range+tweeter driver is wired to the speaker outputs of the C320.

The source is fed into line level inputs on C355. Then the pre-amp out from C355 is fed into the HT-in or bypass in Port of the C320.

Is this your present configuration

manufelices

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Right. When the pre-out was in the ”main” of the 320bee, it sounds really good, but when the preout is in ”cd” or ”aux”(320bee), it sounds horrible and low even if I try to move the volume in the 320bee. Maybe the 320bee is just prepared to received a pre-out connection in the ”main”

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
manufelices said:
Right. When the pre-out was in the ”main” of the 320bee, it sounds really good, but when the preout is in ”cd” or ”aux”(320bee), it sounds horrible and low even if I try to move the volume in the 320bee. Maybe the 320bee is just prepared to received a pre-out connection in the ”main” 

Please Immediately disconnect the pre amp out of C355 from cd in of C320. You should connect this only to main in on C320.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
First every amp has a preamp and power amp section.

Cd players, phono pre amps and dacs put out a very small voltage signal which is insufficient to be amplified by the power amp stage. So these are fed into the pre amp stage which amplifies them sufficiently to be fed into the power amp section.

You have the source connected to line level inputs of C355. So the pre amp of C355 will amplify it sufficiently and feed this signal to the power amp section of C355, and also simultaneously output this signal at its pre-amp out ports to be fed into a external poweramp. So you should connect this directly only the power amp section of C320, which is marked as 'main in' . I hope this is the right port for the HT bypass. I can't access Google so can't check for you.

When you plug this preamp out into line level inputs (cd in) on the C320, you are feeding a already pre amplified signal into its preamp again. Please avoid this.

manufelices

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I would say that it sounds better. The sound is more spacious and the bass better. I know that the bass need more power and that's why the LF terminals are connected to the C355bee but tomorrow I want to try to connect to the opposite: C355bee to the high frequencies and the C320bee to the bass. I want to see if there is any difference in the way the "character" of the C355 affects the mid / treble

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
By alternative the amps the sounds should be very similar is my guess.

If there is a possibility to plug your source into line level on C320, and feed it's pre amp out to 'main in' on the C355. Then there might be a difference in the sound. But experimenting is the only way to find out. Please keep posting how you get along :)

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
The bass on the tannoy are just terrible and bi amping may help but if I was you look at getting some soundcare super spikes for them. These will tighten bass and give you way better detail

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts