Denon pma-1600ne + Klipsch RP 8000 F czy Cambridge Audio CXA81 + Tannoy Revolution xt 8f

Aug 20, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I am asking you for help in the selection of equipment with the following assumptions:

1. Area of the "room" 35m2

2. Source: only use digital connections via DAC: USB (computer), coaxial (DVD player for CD playback), optical to TV

3. Type of works: Film and symphonic music (Hans Zimmer etc.), pop, rock, concerts, action movies

4. Sound expectations:

- wide and deep stage, good image of sources ("holography")

- low reaching bass

- spectacular "big" sound

I consider :

Denon pma-1600ne + Klipsch RP 8000 F

Cambridge Audio CXA81 + Tannoy Revolution xt 8f

What do you think will better meet the above assumptions?

Thank you very much in advance for your help,

Tinman1952

Hi. Interesting choice! You really need to hear them, if you can, as sound is such a subjective thing and no two people hear systems the same way.
Personally I would prefer the Tannoy to the Klipsch for their all round ability. You might find the Cambridge amp with the Tannoy to be a little too ‘forward’ in it’s presentation…then again you may like that sound. I would probably prefer the Denon with the Tannoy speakers….just to be awkward! 🙂

Reactions: Al ears
Hi. Interesting choice! You really need to hear them, if you can, as sound is such a subjective thing and no two people hear systems the same way.
Personally I would prefer the Tannoy to the Klipsch for their all round ability. You might find the Cambridge amp with the Tannoy to be a little too ‘forward’ in it’s presentation…then again you may like that sound. I would probably prefer the Denon with the Tannoy speakers….just to be awkward! 🙂
funnily enough this would be my preferred combo to, however, as you say it's all quite subjective.

Reactions: Tinman1952

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts