Tacima: 3999 Pennies from Heaven!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Mains conditioner is no longer "voodoo" and "snake oil" in my mind. I am now hearing treble/mid/bass details from a very familiar track that I had not really noticed before, everything seems to be just airier if that makes sense. Thank you to forum members for posting their experiences with Tacima 929 and I am very very happy I have joined your ranks.

A

Anonymous

As What Hi-Fi said when they reviewed it....... It's a no brainer.

Have found myself that careful consideration of both Mains and Signal paths (in and out) of the equipment is as important as the products themselves to achieving the best in the music.

(Speaker cables, Interconnects, Wiring, Mains conditioning, Proper setting up adjustments)

Welcome on board.

A

Anonymous

Chebby - 3999 pennies were more than what I could have paid online but as I was in Maplins anyway so made a snap decision, plus I get to use it today as opposed to possibly Tuesday/Wednesday if I order on line.

Trevor - thanks for posting your experiences which helped me make my mind up. Now I will seriously look into "proper" power cables etc for my separates, it is going to be an expensive "look", me thinks. But as I sit here sipping my Blue Mountain coffee and discovering new details in my favourite tracks, I can only close my eyes and immerse.....

A

Anonymous

I,ve just bought one of these,should be here on Tues..so you reckon they really work,i just bought it because i needed a new 6 way socket,but if i am going to get some sonic improvements as well,its a bonus..IM a bit of a sceptic on all things cable but i,ll let you know the outcome......I am looking forward to it now.

A

Anonymous

I was a sceptic too. But I took the advice from more experienced members and did 2 very simple and cheap things to improve the sound of the music - clean any oxidation all phono plugs, connectors and speaker plugs with isoropyl alcohol; and then bought the Tacima (both from Maplins) , all took less than £45 and 25 minutes. Tightened the sound up very nicely so I am no longer considering component upgrades.

A

Anonymous

Upgrading to the Tacima has made the picture cleaner and sharper when watching SD TV.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Had mine a while now and it deffo made a difference.

£39 and £27 is too much as well!

I paid c£23 on Amazon and it arrived within 2-3 days!

There's this one:

http://www.morgan111morgan.com/electrical-2/extension-leads-29/tacima-6-way-enhanced-audio-visual-surge-protector-cs923c-bp-381.html

And there's these on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000PS5700/ref=dp_olp_2/280-2238760-9556939

A

Anonymous

Well here goes it,my Tacima arrived yesterday,plugged everything in,music seems to sound more crisp,if thats the right word,not earth shattering,but deffinantly a difference for the better,BUT,the most difference i found was with my lcd tv..it seems to have made the blacks and reds more vivid,shadows more defined,picture overall is deffinantly sharper.To tell you the truth i was,nt expecting anything.

Quite impressed.Cant believe i just said all that,im a sceptic...O H Well we live and learn.

A

Anonymous

Hijack...

I just got some Wireworld Aurora and Stratus power cables for the amp and player. Very happy with the result.

Do you guys think that adding this Tacima 929 hub thing is going to be worth it. Is it worth spending more, if so, on what?

WHF reviews are based on sound-per-pound and some of the more expensive hubs get marked down for sounding too rounded off or lean. Is that true of this one? I really don't need more detail if it's at the expense of bass or dynamics, as the system was pretty limited in those areas to begin with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts