SUNFIRE HRS-12 REVIEWS.... WHERE ARE THEY?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I recently purchased the new Sunfire HRS-12 subwoofers from sevenoaks hifi. I am really pleased with the low end grunt this tiny little sub dishes out. I had a loaned REL 205 before and that was awful. Bottomed out so easy. I see that what hifi had in their news section but no Reviews were made. Can you help?

cheers

Graham

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Graham,

I do believe we've had some Sunfires in for testing recently (entries for our forthcoming Awards) - expect to see tests over the next month or so! (I would be more precise, but I neglected to bring the full stocklist home with me this bank holiday weekend
emotion-3.gif
)

A

Anonymous

Hi Claire,

I look forward to that. I've seen one comprehensive review and they rate the HRS-12 5/5. I really can't believe the amount of low end bass that comes out it that tiny box. I couldn't believe the packaging. It comes in a box in a box in a box. And it also comes in a nice bag. I've got the MA RS6's for fronts, the RS centre and the RS5's for rears. I currently have the Yamaha 863 on loan, although I don't really like it. I have the new Onkyo 876 on order so can't wait to get that.

Have you heard the new Onkyo 876 yet?

cheers

Graham

P.S - I work for the repro company that produces your magazine so I get to read all reviews much earlier. Great eh!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ah, an industry insider
emotion-5.gif

I haven't heard the Onkyo 876 yet, but I definitely know it's in for test. Next week or so, I reckon...

Out of interest, what is it about the Yamaha 863 you don't like?

A

Anonymous

Hi clare,

I just don't think it has enough guts. I just think that the MA RS6's need a bit more omph. When the guy from sevenoaks set it up he had to do it about 4 times and when he finished the levels for the 5 speakers seemed low and the sub was high. I haven't bought a SPL meter yet but I have fiddled with it to sound better but not with too much luck.

I like the fact with the onkyo you can set the frequencies on all the speakers and not just the subwoofer. I also think the set up menus on the yamaha are quite basic. I've got the fronts set to small and the sub output to sub only and crossover setting to 80 hz. The centre is set to large and the rears too. Not that this matters as not much dialogue goes to the rears.

The levels for the fronts and centre are +1 and the rears are +2 with the sub on +3.5.

I heard the onkyo 875 and that too me sounded much better than the yamaha 863. I can't believe how much heavier that the yamaha it is too.

Any advice would be appreciated.

cheers

Graham

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Did you have any thoughts into whether I am doing something wrong.

Do you know what issue you will be doing the review on this sub.

cheers

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts