Suggestions on separates and amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey Guys!

Got a question for all you audio freaks :)

I am planning on building myself a hi-fi system to replace my kind of rubbish PC speakers. The main things I want from the system will be clear, crisp sound and BIG bass. My budget is around £600, and I know already I am asking a lot for such a low price. I want a separate sub-woofer along with speakers for the mids and highs, including a decent amp which will be able to handle them. I could probably go over £600 but I want to know what is out there for the budget range.

Thanks in advance!

T

the record spot

Forget the sub for now, get speakers that do good bass and an amp with plenty of power/current delivery. if you can find a pair, given your budget, see if you can find some Q Acoustics 1050i floorstanders. Massive boxes for the money and a good big sound to boot. They'll withstand an amp upgrade or two as well. See also the Tefuel floorstanders (model number escapes me now) which are £379. Q Acoustics recent range has the 2050 floorstander at £379, or £449 for the gloos finish.

Get a good secondhand amp - there's a Technics SUA-900MkII on Ebay for £150 just now. It reviewed very well (four stars in WHF at the time I think) and would be a good partner for the likes of the Q 2050 which apparently has a bit of a keen treble, while being a good dynamic and bassy floorstander.

£449, or £379 for the speakers, £150 for the Technics amp (you've other options which others will no doubt mention - expect to hear NAD in the same breath) but given the budget, I'd imagine that pairing might do rather well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts