S/h. Bookshelf speakers suggestions please

Nickp

Jan 6, 2024
Visit site
System is old but it suits my listening. NAD C320 amp. Marantz cd6005 and an iFi Bluetooth streamer. Mordaunt short floor standers and a budget record deck in storage.

I have moved house. 15 ft square (dining) room with no real space for the old floor standers.

Looking for bookcase speaker suggestions please; will probably wall mount so they will have to be quite forgiving sadly.

Listen to most stuff incl hard rock, lazy, funk, prog. Not rap, pop or classical generally

Hey ho.

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum!

There are several models from the likes of Dali and Q Acoustics that work well on the wall. For example, QA offer these brackets to mount the models listed in the link.

The 3010i for under £200 a pair are widely available, and come in four different finishes.

Is that the sort of thing you had in mind?

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
System is old but it suits my listening. NAD C320 amp. Marantz cd6005 and an iFi Bluetooth streamer. Mordaunt short floor standers and a budget record deck in storage.

I have moved house. 15 ft square (dining) room with no real space for the old floor standers.

Looking for bookcase speaker suggestions please; will probably wall mount so they will have to be quite forgiving sadly.

Listen to most stuff incl hard rock, lazy, funk, prog. Not rap, pop or classical generally

Hey ho.

Thank you!
If you are placing bookshelf speaker on shelf and close to the wall, I would suggest looking for a speaker with the bass port hole at the front of the speaker instead of the rear, so you avoid the bass boominess. Though some rear port speakers come with foam, which you can place inside the hole if it becomes too boomy.

If this meets your personal budget you could consider one of the front ported designs such as the Elac Debut 2 series.
:)

1704572700242.png
1704572496743.png

Nickp

Jan 6, 2024
Visit site
Forgot to say. Budget around £200 so cheaper end. So probably will look at second hand to get a better speaker.
Welcome to the forum!

There are several models from the likes of Dali and Q Acoustics that work well on the wall. For example, QA offer these brackets to mount the models listed in the link.

The 3010i for under £200 a pair are widely available, and come in four different finishes.

Is that the sort of thing you had in mind?
Thanks. I will have a look. A long time ago I had some budget missions which were good. Sitting and listening intently is less likely than wanting a good sound in the room, if that makes sense

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Forgot to say. Budget around £200 so cheaper end. So probably will look at second hand to get a better speaker.

Thanks. I will have a look. A long time ago I had some budget missions which were good. Sitting and listening intently is less likely than wanting a good sound in the room, if that makes sense
I just sold my Dali Zensor 1 for £120 on eBay in absolute pristine condition. Great little Bookshelf speaker.
Yeah look around, with a little luck, you'll find your little gem.

TRENDING THREADS