Subwoofer Cable

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Dear All

Currently connecting my Denon 2309 to my PV1 with a QED Mini Performance cable. Is this cable good enough or am I missing out. Would something like a QED Reference be a decent upgrade?

Many thanks

Oldenbroke

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi JacktheHead

I bought a 3m QED Reference cable at the recent Bristol show to replace a much longer

and very old monster cable. The sound improvement was very noticeable -

tighter and clearer bass with more presence. I have an Onkyo 875 + B&W ASW610 so given the

quality of your sub, it could well benefit from a more solid cable. May be worth checking

out options for cable loan from a supplier??

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Thanks mate

I think I will take the plunge and see how it goes. When I see how thin the Mini is I do think a more substantial cable should provide a better signal.

Regards

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
If anyone is interested or thinking about upgrading. I connected my new QED Reference Sub cable to my PV1 today. Ive had this system now for nearly two years. I wish I had done it sooner. The biggest element I have noticed is how much more the system has intergrated. The sound coming from the M-1s is fuller. Vocals are deeper and the bass is stronger and better defined across the soundstage. Music and Movies have all benefited from this upgrade.

Now I am going to re-watch a few blu rays just to enjoy it even more, Inception?. Anyone with a PV1 and considering an upgrade get the QED Refererence Cable its brilliant.

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
If anyone is interested or thinking about upgrading. I connected my new QED Reference Sub cable to my PV1 today. Ive had this system now for nearly two years. I wish I had done it sooner. The biggest element I have noticed is how much more the system has intergrated. The sound coming from the M-1s is fuller. Vocals are deeper and the bass is stronger and better defined across the soundstage. Music and Movies have all benefited from this upgrade.

Now I am going to re-watch a few blu rays just to enjoy it even more, Inception?. Anyone with a PV1 and considering an upgrade get the QED Refererence Cable its brilliant.

A

Anonymous

I have both these cables, I use the miniature as it fits under the gap in my skirting boards and its a real quality lead. I honestly can't hear any difference in my setup (and I'm a believer in good quality cables), but that may just be me, I may give it another go. Also FYI, there is no way it can make a difference to the tonal quality of your M1's, it may be that your perceiving a difference from them, but your actually getting more from the sub. Not trying to put a downer on you, just pointing out a fact, but glad your happy with the upgrade.

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Cheers markjaspi

Just to clarify I mean that the PV1 supports the M-1s and intergrates the sound better between the two . I agree that Im getting more from the sub. Perhaps the reason why I hear a bigger difference is probably because I rely on the PV1 more for bass than your good self. Im sure your A40s probably offer a bit more bass oomph than the M-1s.

Let me know if you hear any difference

A

Anonymous

Thinking about it, it may also be possible that the better cable makes more of a difference on a better sub, I may consider changing it to something like the PV1 or a AW12 in the future, but I do love my ASW610.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts