Strapped For Cash (Part Two)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
CnoEvil said:
Andrew Everard said:
mr malarky said:
Come on people, what ARE we going to do about North Korea???

How do you solve a problem like Korea?

Sound-of-Music-Nuns-Marni-Nixon-Second-from-left-e1307161612826.jpg

Auditionees for the musical?

That's a football score: Four Nun. :doh:

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Glad you did`nt go BBB, I was worrying about who would inform us of all the latest "Hot Deals". If "Strapped" would come back, we could return to being a

"HELPFUL"

"What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision Forum". Cheers. :clap:

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
mr malarky said:
Think that was his dad (Kim Jong Il - lot if 'Kims' in Korea!). Apparently he also invented the hamburger!

...and the microwave, & the hologram!! :) http://www.personadondada.com/?p=195

Makes sense, if he invented the microwave that would explain why he needed that enormous nuclear reactor! Suspect we're all missing the big story here though BB, according to that link you posted "It is also said that he wrote six operas, all of which are better then any in the history of music.”

So the real question is where can we buy these operas from, and why, oh why, have they not been viewed in the pages of What Hi-Fi???

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
camac said:
Glad you did`nt go BBB, I was worrying about who would inform us of all the latest "Hot Deals". If "Strapped" would come back, we could return to being a

"HELPFUL"

any idea how the forum would get him back? Are we reliant on him or WHF?

D

Deleted member 2457

camac said:

"HELPFUL"

And Ben too.
smiley-smile.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Good advice to anyone wanting to guarantee their post gets read (no matter what it's about) ...

... start the title with "Strapped For Cash".

"Strapped For Cash. What DAC should I use to connect my PC?"

"Strapped For Cash. Why does my amp hum then burst into flames?"

"Strapped For Cash. Can you recommend a vet for my stick insect?"

"Strapped For Cash. HLEP ME!! noob wit embracing qusting about LP TIT adn arm for gents. Kindly thankx"

etc.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

camac said:

"HELPFUL"

Thanks.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

chebby said:
Good advice to anyone wanting to guarantee their post gets read (no matter what it's about) ...

"Strapped For Cash. HLEP ME!! noob wit embracing qusting about LP TIT adn arm for gents. Kindly thankx"

etc.

grin.gif

Paul.

I am genuinely curious whether he goes for an F8500 or an ST60. I'm not in a position to buy since my TV is barely three months old but I am living vicariously through his F8500 anticipation thread :)

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Paul. said:
I am genuinely curious whether he goes for an F8500 or an ST60. I'm not in a position to buy since my TV is barely three months old but I am living vicariously through his F8500 anticipation thread :)

The F8500 does look like a lovely screen, but I genuinely don't get why some manufacturers (not just samsung, but sony as well) are going for these "width of screen" stands - if you have a standard size AV rack and can't wall mount then it's immediately a non-starter?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Paul. said:

My money's on the GT60, and no further SFC posting on the F8500 anticipation thread (unfortunately).

mr malarky said:
Paul. said:

The F8500 does look like a lovely screen, but I genuinely don't get why some manufacturers (not just samsung, but sony as well) are going for these "width of screen" stands - if you have a standard size AV rack and can't wall mount then it's immediately a non-starter?

My understanding is that the stand is removable.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:

Not a Star Wars fan then clearly? I mean, you've got to throw "Help me, Strapped For Cash, you're my only hope!" in there haven't you?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Not a Star Wars fan then clearly? I mean, you've got to throw "Help me, Strapped For Cash, you're my only hope!" in there haven't you?

That's right, I've never seen Star Wars.

It's actually true. I've bought Star Wars in the past (box sets for our daughters when they were kids), but never sat through more than 10 minutes or so. (Even then I was probably doing something else because I can't remember any of it.)

Should I see them? Would you recommend them?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts