Still a very long way to go...

SteveR750

Despite the ease by which you can set up a PC and a DAC to get high end, certainly *audiophile* source, it will be a long time before mass acceptance. Why? well something as supposedly simple a home wi fi network, a latest tech smartphone and software cannot work seamlessly for more than about 66% of the time.

Yep, Gizmo (yes, you Gizmo) which is J River's remote app for android only works about 2/3 the time I want it to, and for no apparent reason the rest of the time it doesn't. Sometimes it's cured by a re boot of either the router or the phone, often neither... Very annoying, and just as well it's free, and the PC software is only £18.

Rant over.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Despite the ease by which you can set up a PC and a DAC to get high end, certainly *audiophile* source, it will be a long time before mass acceptance. Why? well something as supposedly simple a home wi fi network, a latest tech smartphone and software cannot work seamlessly for more than about 66% of the time.

Yep, Gizmo (yes, you Gizmo) which is J River's remote app for android only works about 2/3 the time I want it to, and for no apparent reason the rest of the time it doesn't. Sometimes it's cured by a re boot of either the router or the phone, often neither... Very annoying, and just as well it's free, and the PC software is only £18.

Rant over.

I must say I have been using an Asus Netbook and WD HDD connected via Nuforce uDAC2 to my Caspian Pre/Power combo for about 6 weeks now. I use iTunes / Spotify and Foobar controlled via my iPad using the relevant remote control Apps for each programme.

It connects everytime I switch on without any problem and I have never had drop out or problems with the music files it plays.

I can highly recommend the Spotify remote App, iTunes remote App and MonkeyMote for Foobar :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts