admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So I finally get my Pioneer today (well if Dixons website is correct I will).

I have no intention of splashing out 200/300 quid on an "tuning engineer", not sure what they are called :S

I heard that Lucas Arts DVDS have a feature that helps calibrate your TV picture - is this true? I might go out and buy Revenge of the Sith now if they do.

Cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="PurpleHead"]I heard that Lucas Arts DVDS have a feature that helps calibrate your TV picture - is this true? I might go out and buy Revenge of the Sith now if they do[/quote]

It's created by THX, called the THX Optimiser, and is on every THX-certified DVD. Click here to find a complete list of THX-certified discs - you may find one you'd like.

I'd hate anyone to have to sit through Revenge of the Sith unless they absolutely had to.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Definitely second Andrew's Revenge Of The Sith comment - definitely use a Pixar disc if you can for your own sanity's sake. Also the Digital Video Essentials DVD has been recommended to me buy quite a few people. It's available for about £15 on Amazon. Mine's on the way.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andy Grange"]RE: Andrew's Sith comment - I think you'll find The Phantom Menace is an entirely new world of poor comparatively speaking[/quote]

Shudder! Phantom Flanglinger is one of the very few films I've ever actually walked out of.

And as for Star Wars Episode II: Send in the Clones...

A

Anonymous

Well I rushed out and bought Revenge of the Sith - not one of my finest purchases - and I cant find the THX Optimiser anywhere on either DVD. An even bigger waste of 20 quid.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="PurpleHead"]
Well I rushed out and bought Revenge of the Sith - not one of my finest purchases - and I cant find the THX Optimiser anywhere on either DVD. An even bigger waste of 20 quid.

[/quote]

Cliick the THX logo on the centre of the Options screen on Disc 1 - same menu you use to set up audio and subtitles.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts