Standmounts to Floorstanders?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

my system at present is the Creek EVO CD & amp with Epos M5i 'speakers these are connected with DNM precision cable & a DNM/Eichmann interconnect.

Now l enjoy the sound, fast, accurate, detailed etc however, l miss the presence & sense of scale that floorstanders give you.

l don't want to lose the control of the M5i's & want any floorstand candidate to be balanced & tonally even. For synergy I've considered the Epos M16i & even the 22i, though I'm unsure as to the ability of the EVO amp to drive them.

Alternative options welcome. Music is varied & the room is approx' 4 x 4.5 metres.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

The new Spendor A5 have to be top of your list
emotion-1.gif
Can the EVO drive them? Well, I'm sure it'll cope until you upgrade later
emotion-5.gif

A good alternative to try would be the PMC GB1i (or a bargain pair of GB1+). These have a nice balance of sound that isn't much of a departure from a pair of good stand mounters.

The EVO has 85W and I would have thought could drive the M16i, but I've never tried it!

Enjoy...

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I would be looking for standmounts for this system, considering your room size. Most members know what is my top budget baby pair of speakers is
emotion-2.gif
try to demo them and see.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the considerations & opinions.

Thaiman, l take your point about floorstanders, given the size of the room. Would you remind me about your "top budget baby pair of speakers" Why do you feel they would integrate with this system?

John Duncan

chesterfieldhouse:
Thank you for the considerations & opinions.

Thaiman, l take your point about floorstanders, given the size of the room. Would you remind me about your "top budget baby pair of speakers" Why do you feel they would integrate with this system?

D'you mean the Ushers TM?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
chesterfieldhouse:
Hello,

my system at present is the Creek EVO CD & amp with Epos M5i 'speakers these are connected with DNM precision cable & a DNM/Eichmann interconnect.

Now l enjoy the sound, fast, accurate, detailed etc however, l miss the presence & sense of scale that floorstanders give you.

l don't want to lose the control of the M5i's & want any floorstand candidate to be balanced & tonally even. For synergy I've considered the Epos M16i & even the 22i, though I'm unsure as to the ability of the EVO amp to drive them.

Alternative options welcome. Music is varied & the room is approx' 4 x 4.5 metres.

Thanks.

What about a sub?

This'll let you keep the M5s you so clearly love, but give you that missing element you crave.

I use my PV1 with my Hi-Fi set-up. I have it run off the switched 2nd set of speaker outs on my amp, allowing me to disconnect it quickly and easily at the push of a button if I wish. TBH, I leave it connected 95% of the time as it sounds great!

A

Anonymous

Chris,

yes, l had considered a sub, though I've toyed about with subs/small speakers before & don't particularly want to go down this route.

If it is the Usher S520, that Thiaman referred to, l have auditioned them. ln fact it was a very close thing between these & the Epos M5i's. The dealer didn't have any M5i's in stock when l visited & had a listen to the Ushers & was very impressed. Unfortunately, they didn't have the finish in the Ushers that l wanted & by the time they did arrive (by carrier) they were the wrong finish & were not magnetically sheilded (cost £40 more at £360) As you can imagine l wasn't too happy about this & ended up taking them back to the dealer, who by this time had the M5i's in stock & ended up swopping.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts