Standmount Speakers for Naim XS

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have a system composed of Naim Nait Xs + Teddycap Nac A5 , Dac Gustard x20U(Liquid Music with Jriver22)

I would buy the speakers stand in a room with arched opening on the left away from the rear wall of about 50-60 cm

which of these speakers have a very good synergy with naim XS?

PMC Twenty 21 (I'm interested because they have the front reflex)

Proac Studio 100 (Idem)

Dynaudio Focus 160
the music I listen to is country rock and jazz vocal acoustics, no classicalthanks

criant said:
Hello everyone, I have a system composed of Naim Nait Xs + Teddycap Nac A5 , Dac Gustard x20U(Liquid Music with Jriver22)

I would buy the speakers stand in a room with arched opening on the left away from the rear wall of about 50-60 cm

which of these speakers have a very good synergy with naim XS?

PMC Twenty 21 (I'm interested because they have the front reflex)

Proac Studio 100 (Idem)

Dynaudio Focus 160

the music I listen to is country rock and jazz vocal acoustics, no classical thanks

Dyns sound fantastic with the XS. I heard the Contours and it was impressive. The downside, however, is these more expensive Dyns require lots of breathing space if you want to avoid any low-end nasties.

I would also look at Neat speakers, probably, depending on space, Motive SX3. Naim and Neat is great combo.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Currently using twenty.21s with a Unitiqute/Nap100 and find them to be a brilliant match. Many agree Naim and PMC work very well together. Sound is very detailed and lively without sounding harsh. Bass is just right for me but I could understand how some might find it a bit lean. I'd decribe the bass as quality over quantity.

Before the 21s I was using Dynaudio Focus 160s with the same Naim set up. Again very good sound but I found the bass a little too much. To me it smothered the midrange unless played at higher volumes.

It's very much going to depend on your own tastes. Both are good but for my tastes the twenty.21s are near perfect.

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks chris. I fear that the Dynaudio in my room can produce very low rumble.
as sound quality which it considers best forse country rock.Anyway i have now the kef ls 50 with rel T5.
I want to experience other speakers....

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I have heard the (original) XS sound fantastic with Totem, several models of, Mordant Shorts MS20i Pearls and Rogers LS35A.

Great amplifier.

For vocals I'd try a pair of LS35A's. I remember the Rogers went plenty loud despite its low power handling. It probably do a bit of rock too at reasonable volume.

You'll also never likely loose any money on it.

I have my 21's about 15 cm's from the wall and it sounds pretty good . they definitely need a wall or they can sound a bit on the lean side.Also how far away from the speakers is your preferred listening position,too far away and they'll loose the impact that they're capable of.But they suit my room down to the ground.oh and I'm driving mine with the xs (first gen).

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
thanks mark, you've tried other speakers with naim xs?

post a picture

b7c19i.jpg

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The current Naim amps are far more forgiving than older Naim amps, and I find they work well with quite a wide range of speakers nowadays, whereas in the past there were only two or three brands that really worked. And one of those was Naim.

It really comes down to your own preference. Even if a particular combination works better than almost anything else, if you don't like it, it's null and void. One of the few brands I feel doesn't marry up too well well with Naim is B&W, but quite a lot of people seem to buy the combination after auditioning! Personal preference.

I used to have a pair of B&W cm5's with the xs for a couple of months but the combo seemed to bore me to tears,so after much reading etc,I just went on a blind buy of the 21's with the option to return for something else if i didn't get on with them but obviously i did,oh and i'm not sure how to post a pic on this site.but your set up looks pretty neat

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
you can post photo gratis on TinyPic.upload your image and choose Direct link for layout(dimension message board)* Acuta *

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts