Naim Nait XS or NAC152 XS/NAP155XS

spooks1982

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, It's been a while since I posted in this forum (hello again!), so long ago actually that my account was disabled. :) Anyway, I've recently got back into Hi-Fi and picked up a system which consists of the following:- Macbook Pro (Tidal/iTunes > PureMusic) > Audiolab M-DAC > Naim Nait XS (2nd gen MK1) > PMC Twenty 23 Speakers Cabling: Chord Chameleon VEE3 IC, Naim NACA5 speaker cablePSU: I have a TeddyCap PSU for the Naim XS For £350 I have the option of trading in my Nait XS and swapping it for a NAC152 XS/NAP155 XS combo. I wondered if anyone has compared the two? Considering I have a separate PSU which is effectively like a HiCap2 DR would I be getting an upgrade over my Nait XS? I have heard that a lot of the Naim Pre-Amp's are based on the same audio circuitry and the PSU is where the biggest differences are. Alternatively I could sell my M-DAC and get a Chord 2Qute DAC. Although this will have to wait until funds allow. Thanks all!

rainsoothe

hey - I think you're gonna find better advice on the Naim forums, since the guys there tried a lot of naim gear and know how several bits sound. If you ask me, you seem to have a pretty well balanced system there, but the pre-power might be worth the change. Maybe you can audition at a dealership? Well, in any case, ask this in Naim forums, you'll get replys pretty quickly and they will make pretty valid input.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Another good place to get advice is the Pink Fish Media forum. There are a few experienced and (relatively) impartial Naim owners there.

FWIW I'd move away from Naim altogether, but I appreciate that's not helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts