Question speakers change for naim xs

Michele

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone, I need your advice on replacing my dynaudio focus 140. unfortunately I had to move house and therefore listening setting. my system consists of naim xs2+ teddycap dac gustard x20 and dynaudio focus 140 speakers on stands. the speakers are placed 40 cm from the wall but without the bass being too boomy. because of the dynaudios that don't interface well with the environment and also because I would like to change them to have a more monitor-like sound. I would have thought of taking the ATC smc11 or the kef ls50. opinions about it? Thank you

The LS50 Meta and the ATC SCM11 are both fine examples of the art of small-ish speaker design.

The KEF is made overseas with modern technologies and a clever concentric driver. They need a fair bit of space to sound their best.

The ATC is more traditional, with superb drivers made in Gloucestershire and assembled there. They work better if space is tight.

They aren’t similar, but I’d hesitate to describe them when there are literally dozens of reviews a google away. Do try to hear them for yourself.

Pic of my pre-Meta LS50 black edition in front of my SCM40 from roughly three years ago.

View: https://i.imgur.com/FM36pKP.jpg

Hi everyone, I need your advice on replacing my dynaudio focus 140. unfortunately I had to move house and therefore listening setting. my system consists of naim xs2+ teddycap dac gustard x20 and dynaudio focus 140 speakers on stands. the speakers are placed 40 cm from the wall but without the bass being too boomy. because of the dynaudios that don't interface well with the environment and also because I would like to change them to have a more monitor-like sound. I would have thought of taking the ATC smc11 or the kef ls50. opinions about it? Thank you

I would suggest, if budget allows, a s/hand pair of Harbeth P3 speakers. Should sound the dogs with Naim XS, and they are sealed cabinet.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Michele

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
I described these two speakers because I had the kef ls50s which I still have fond memories of. I really enjoyed them. I compared them to the harbeth p3 but to my ears, I preferred the kef. I don't know why I found it more dynamic [/CITATION] I've never heard of the ATC

Last edited:
I described these two speakers because I had the kef ls50s which I still have fond memories of. I really enjoyed them. I compared them to the harbeth p3 but to my ears, I preferred the kef. I don't know why I found it more dynamic [/CITATION] I've never heard of the ATC
Then try to hear the newer Meta version, or get an old model LS50 at half price. They sound more dynamic than the tiny Harbeth because they are. Miniature speakers are great for imaging and ‘vanishing’ but are severely compromised in output and bass.

ATC are cleaner and dryer sounding than KEF yet sound great with a good source. The KEF are maybe an easier listen as long as you can place them effectively.

Reactions: Michele

Michele

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
the kef ls50s inspire me more than the metas i hear in the shop. I was interested in the smc11 ATCs because as you say they are more natural musically but as they are described on the net they are better suited to my electronics

the kef ls50s inspire me more than the metas i hear in the shop. I was interested in the smc11 ATCs because as you say they are more natural musically but as they are described on the net they are better suited to my electronics
I would ignore what the net says until you can audition some yourself.
Neat speakers also seem to pair well with Naim amplifiers

Reactions: plastic penguin

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
I used to have pmc twenty 21 with the original xs and they went very well together, I now have the new Neat petite classics and I think they're next level and , I'm pretty sure would work really well with the xs2, Naim and neat have gained a reputation for working well together.

Reactions: Al ears and nopiano

TRENDING THREADS