Spin Clean record cleaner

camcroft

Just had a session going through Lp's that I didn't do when I first cleaned a batch and I must say this machine misquote simple to look at but it does a good job. I used the solution and de-ionised water that I got from Halfords and air dried with a dish rack. Highly recommended.

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
i notice that some records i bought for no reason they were getting noise at a level only heard inbetween tracks at a litle high volume, but next to this was some records i bought in the 80´s and 70´s those kept working with no noise at all and because of my companion and being a peter gabriel follower since the Genesis i bought a record to offer her ("So")and it´s in the same place and being from a big company the quality of the record is far superior and with so many low parts on it´s songs this record didn´t get any noise .I think it depends on the treatment given to the record when produced, there was a protector some old records say they have the famous "Emitex" that believe it or not some old beatles, the guess who ,eric burdon & the animals and the rolling stones ,bought when new that are ok no noise and are records that i own for 50 or more years and those also play perfect, this seems to be some part of the record assembly that is lefted out of the new records ,(some of them), i even bought one that had bit´s of paper from the circular label in the center of the record, and they didn´t bother to clean. Just 3 years ago i started to buy again some records that i already had but because i lent them and return with the cover and record in bad shape ,in the 80´s there was still people with big stereos without modern needles or diamond tip, that´s why those i refer to when at home again the sound was destroyd not damaged with dirt but after being heard with those old needles ,some needles i´ve seen even can be turned to the other side and other tip is there with referece to the speed , one side to 33 another to 45 r.p.m ,those simply get the grooves damaged just after one passage and in my country Portugal due to the dictatorship system till 1974 after the revolution the country was 50 years behind any other european country i remenber a friend that had lot´s of money used to buy several records a month he had a good compact system from panasonic with a great turntable ,technics look and by it´s side a cassette deck already with yellow crystal liquid vu meters but he had the speakers by the side of his system and on one side a pile of records with no cover and on the other side on top of the speaker a lot of covers with no record inside and with a good compact system he didn´t mind having the two speakers tweeters not working , this an example how some portuguese took care of their records ,one thing dangerouse is to buy old records in second hand because they can look new but played for years with the wrong type of needle and one buys a mint looking record and when playing is not heardable or just for those who think that noise is a characteristic of records and say that it´s a old experience ,how in the past people listened to music, mine never made any noise and several other persons that did took care of their records, regards

Reactions: camcroft

camcroft

Best use distilled water
buy a 2nd one
1 x wash with cleaning fluid & 2 x rinse with water
pop into new inners Simples
There isn't that much difference between the two waters for this application
Deionized (DI) water is water that has been treated to remove all ions – typically, that means all of the dissolved mineral salts. Distilled water has been boiled so that it evaporates and then re-condensed, leaving most impurities behind. ... The resulting water is, therefore, very pure. Neither are used for consumption. My DI water leaves no residue behind so its fit for purpose
The secret to the way that a water fed pole system works for cleaning windows is that it only used deionized purified water. That's it. No soap or chemicals. Just pure deionized water.

Reactions: Rui

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts