Record cleaning

Jonathan Cox

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I’ve just finished doing my first batch of cleaning with the home made jazz collectior solution. Then rinsed with distilled water all using the newer Knosti cleaner. Wondering should I wipe dry with microfibre cloth as recommended. Bit worried bits of cloth may defeat object and best to leave to air dry? Any experiences, thanks

D

Deleted member 108165

Jonathan Cox said:
Hello, I’ve just finished doing my first batch of cleaning with the home made jazz collectior solution. Then rinsed with distilled water all using the newer Knosti cleaner. Wondering should I wipe dry with microfibre cloth as recommended. Bit worried bits of cloth may defeat object and best to leave to air dry? Any experiences, thanks

I use the same solution and don't generally rinse afterwards, just let them air dry. Have found with the Knosti that there is sometimes a label-bleed residue on the vinyl which I wipe away with a micro-fibre cloth wetted with the cleaning solution. Hope this helps.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I leave mine to air dry. I know some people think this is an abomination but yah boo sucks.

I just have to say that 'jazz collector solution' sounds like a euphemism.

D

Deleted member 108165

It's just another name for the widely accepted home-brew solution: distilled water 800ml, isopropyl alcohol 200ml, Ilfotol 5ml

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
DougK said:
Jonathan Cox said:

I use the same solution and don't generally rinse afterwards, just let them air dry. Have found with the Knosti that there is sometimes a label-bleed residue on the vinyl which I wipe away with a micro-fibre cloth wetted with the cleaning solution. Hope this helps.

Go digital and stop kidding yourself on.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Alantiggger said:
Go digital and stop kidding yourself on.

Luke 6:37-42 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. " or is this a case of 'do what I say, not do what I do'.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Jonathan Cox said:

I tend not to I must admit, and let things air dry after the VC-S's vacuum has done its thing.

Unless you've got expensive Microfibre cloths, from experience, I've found that Microfibre cloths can leave Microfibres behind.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts