Speakers that can do music well as well as movies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I was in the same position as you a while ago. I opted for 2 pair of kef iq5se's (with centre£600 with haggling) as a cheaper and better sounding option to the kef eggs. They are discontinued but well worth the money if you can get your hands on some.

Edit: My wife picked them!

A

Anonymous

I had the same situation last year.

The thing is you must involve your wife and take here EVERYWHERE with you as you audition different speaker set ups, and (this is important) ask her what she thinks!

When you get to the floor standers (in the nice veneer walnut finish that really match the carpet and suite) that sound wise blows you away she really does agree, and watching Corrie on the TV will never be as amazing on the small MT30 system.

They are not too big really, and they are a nice piece of furniture that will blend in with the room, she says, and they are much better than having them on those ugly stands, or stuck on the walls.

Result......Now how are we going to pay sir?

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the replies, but my problem is with speaker positioning, 'cos of where TV HAS to go, standmounts/bookshelfs are my only option, the reason being is that there is a radiator immediately to the left of the TV, the front left speaker will be positioned either in the bay window, which is above the radiator or on a stand sort of in front and above the radiator - a standmount will get it's lower end nice and very warm , was i to choose them as my fronts.
ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

I'll go and borrow a mates cam today, how do you post photo's so i can show you all my prediciment, and maybe help with 5.1 or 6.1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts