Speakers stands for TANNOY F1custom

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Having just bought an onkyo 606 and tannoy merc f1 ;) I need help on choosing the right speaker stands/shelves for tann f1 customs ,plus i need spike shoes i have a wooden floor ! Thanks.BTW the demo i had today for this set up was excellent! Happy as a pig in Hmmm!!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I use Atacama Nexus 6 stands - work lovely with my B&W 685s once I mass loaded them. Also just got a 5 star review in this issue's WHF (which was nice!). Other option around the same price is Soundstyle Z2s. You can get these Atacama spike shoes for your floor which I use, though many people just say use 5p pieces. Personally, the danger of them slipping off said 5p pieces and my speaker crashing to the floor was enough to make me invest in the non-slip spike shoes!

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Evening professorhat, ive looked at the attacamas and soundstyle z2s ,just found soundstyles z2s in black for £51.50 each in black ,are most spike shoes compatible?does it have to be same make?What do you think of the mj accoustic ref 100mk2 that came with my tannoy package , it sounded great but im wondering why they couldnt get the tann TS-12!

A

Anonymous

On a hard floor I simply don't use the spikes on my soundtsyles, they still have the flat metal bottomed spike mounts undeneath which raise the the bottom of the ground and do the job pretty good for me.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yup, spike shoes don't need to be from the same brand - it's effectively a piece of metal with a non-slip rubber bottom and a whole in the top where the spike can sit.

I should say, the Nexus 6 stands were given 4 stars in the latest issue, not 5 as I said (must not have had my eyes in when I skimmed the issue!). They're still good, though the offer you've got on the Soundstyle's sounds good. I haven't heard the sub you mention, but if it's as good as the Mk I version, I think it'll be fine. If you think it sounded great though, I'd say that's the most important detail!!

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I didnt realise how much like a cinema it would sound,i thought mine was ok ive even had good comments ,but this just blows it out of the water BIG TIME!, The nexus 6 stands look good dont know whether i want silver or black my tann f1 customs are dark oak ,my tv when i get it will be black , onkyo is black, so maybe silver !

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
The soundstyle z2s have a bigger top plates to go with my tann f1 customs,but also if i mass load them how much do i need to fill? and cost? ,is it just to stabilize the speakers or add more bass or both? The atacamas are nice similar to mission stance top plate same size more or less and available in more colours,the atacama av 2 shelf rack looks good to match aswell.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts