Speakers for Denon DM39

ipri

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi I have contacted Richer sounds to recommend speaker (Shelf)....they suggested Dali Zensor 1.....but these are 100watts...they are for a med. bedroom....is this not too powerful? any advice please . My ears are not what they used to be so I don't want to go to top end...up to £200 if I have to thanks

matthewpiano

For £100 you could get a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 or Mission MX1 from Superfi. Both excellent budget speakers which will work well with the Denon. Alternatively, look at some of the deals out there on the out-going Q Acoustics 2010i and 2020i models which are also excellent.

BTW, the power rating of a speaker is the power it can handle. Without an amplifier to drive them they have no power, and with the Denon you aren't going to be over powering the room so don't worry!

ipri said:
Thanks for that ....I'll look at these. They did mention 2010i....what do you mean "Out going"?

He means these are older models that have been replaced by newer models hence their lower pricing.

I'd personally recommend the newer Wharfdale Diamond 220 they are just within your budget, or indeed the cheaper 121's. These are current models and I think they are quite a bit better than the equivalent older versions.

PS Sorry to interupt matthewpiano.

matthewpiano

Al ears said:
ipri said:
Thanks for that ....I'll look at these. They did mention 2010i....what do you mean "Out going"?

He means these are older models that have been replaced by newer models hence their lower pricing.

I'd personally recommend the newer Wharfdale Diamond 220 they are just within your budget, or indeed the cheaper 121's. These are current models and I think they are quite a bit better than the equivalent older versions.

PS Sorry to interupt matthewpiano.
Hey, no problem at all! We're both just trying to help the OP so it is all good.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
If I were you I'd look on ebay for a pair of MS 10i / 20i Pearls. Should be able to pick some up for little money.

:)

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
ipri said:
Tell me about them.

Just an excellent speaker for not much money. I replaced my MS10i Pearl with MS 902 and they were not as good :/

They play nicely with not so much power too.

4Barry

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I have had an older version of the Denon (DM37) working with the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's as my bedroom system for some years. I haven't heard the latest version of the Wharfedales (or the Denon come to that) but CAN tell you that I've been really pleased with the combination. I've had to press it into service as my main system a couple of times - and surprised and impressed a few visitors in the process.

I'm sure the latest versions are very good but if you can save yourself some cash by getting the older model you'll still have a very nice little system.

BTW - I strongly recommend putting whichever speakers you get on some decent stands if you can. I strongly suspect the older model on good stands will be significantly better than the latest models without.

ipri

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
I have just been to Richer sounds to buy some Acoustic Q spks. I discussed this with the Manager...telling him about my intentions to get Denon DM39.....he pointed me in direction of a Cambridge One and "free" Minx XL speakers..£349.95. It did look ok ...and around what I was intending to pay....Any comments appreciated...will be going in to buy something soon. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts