Speaker Suggestion

caglarborklu

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi there; I upgrade my setup to Accuphase C2110 preamp and Accuphase A45 (A Class 45wattx2) Amp. i want to upgrade my speakers. i get some suggestions for Proac D28. But its almost impossible to listen them with the same setup like mine. Anybody have experience with Proac's with A class amp or any other suggestions? I am listening mostly Jazz,Soul,Soft Rock and my room size is around 25m2..Thanks for the suggestions and comments..

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have the same configuration as you. C-2110 Accuphase but I'm using a class AB Restek Tensor amp (because I prefere the control it has in the sound on every speaker and the service Restek could give on their gear).

For my part, I'm loving an extremely fidelity sound with lots of the things the engeneer wanted to put on the disc. Sometimes, I'm helping a local studio in making critical listening for them, so I needed a chain that will give back what is on the record. It's exactly the reason I choose Accuphase, and it's exactly the reason why I don't recommend to pair it with a ProAc. I tried out the D18 and the D30 and :

1) the D18 was a catastrophic speaker with lots of downpoints, but I don't want to start a hatespeech about that.. just to say it was awful

2) the D30 was a "correct" speaker, a little less fatiguing, but it choose the path of a modified, less fidel restitution.

Personnaly, I'm using a PMC fact8, but I would have been happy with an ATC SCM50. I although used some Xavian XN270 on this chain, and it sounded great too with a little (very little) bit less details and clarity as with PMC, but with an elegant touch on it. On this chain, I although liked the B&W 804D (D2 series), that did a great job, but I didn't like the fact it needed so much volume for beeing really freed. If you don't use vinyl, I could recommend some Gauder (aka Isophon in the past) Vescova speaker that pairs extremely well with accuphase gear.

Have a good hunt. *bye*

caglarborklu

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi NSA_watch_my_toilet; thank you so much for you comments.. i was never expecting choosing the speakers is the most difficult ... i will definetly check the PMC and ATC SCM.. I am living in Hong Kong..so mostly British brands here..

Just a small question, what do you think about Audio Physcs or Thiel? Did you have a chance to listen them before? Here i found some in very good condition second hands.. Do you think can match with this setup?

All the best;

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
caglarborklu said:
friendly_ghost said:
And if you really want to make up your own mind on the Proac, just drag your own amplifiers to the dealer ;)

believe me thinking the same but really *sad*heavy gear :(

That's what I really appreciated in my Devialet, when I was auditioning speakers. *good*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts