Hi anyone familiar with AVI Pro Nine Plus speakers?

YairIL

Mar 6, 2023
Visit site
Hi, anyone familiar with AVI Pro Nine Plus speakers?
Currently I listen mostly to vinyl records (Rega P3) with Celestion DL8 speakers connected to vintage Sansui Eight receiver.

I listen to broad musical albums from jazz to rock, folk, alternative and pop.
I find my current Celestion DL8 a great all rounder speakers.

I found a second hand AVI Pro Nine Plus speakers (which i'm not familiar with) that looked very interesting - any recommendations to consider them as upgrade?

Here's a link i've found about them:

avipro9plus.jpg

Thanks.

They were probably not bad at all, but unfortunately the company is no more.

A look through using Search didn’t find a very long thread I thought I remembered, but this is one of many. The closed AVI forum mentioned might reveal something, but bear in mind their age and (lack of) serviceability.

All depends what sort of sound you’re looking for. If you’re after a little bit of character, or a speaker that is going to be kind to lesser recordings, you won’t find that here. If the violins are screechy, the violins will be screechy. You’ll hear everything that’s going on with these speakers, probably more so than some other speakers of their size, but they’re not a speaker that will please someone who likes a little warmth, or even someone who likes bass. Imagine taking a speaker and turning the bass down by 10dB, or far enough so it’s just about there. I feel the lack of bass takes away some sweetness in the top end.

Probably great if you have bass issues in your room or if you have a very warm sounding system, but if you already have a bit of an anaemic sound bass wise, these won’t help.

Reactions: YairIL

YairIL

Mar 6, 2023
Visit site
All depends what sort of sound you’re looking for. If you’re after a little bit of character, or a speaker that is going to be kind to lesser recordings, you won’t find that here. If the violins are screechy, the violins will be screechy. You’ll hear everything that’s going on with these speakers, probably more so than some other speakers of their size, but they’re not a speaker that will please someone who likes a little warmth, or even someone who likes bass. Imagine taking a speaker and turning the bass down by 10dB, or far enough so it’s just about there. I feel the lack of bass takes away some sweetness in the top end.

Probably great if you have bass issues in your room or if you have a very warm sounding system, but if you already have a bit of an anaemic sound bass wise, these won’t help.
Thanks, I do like the warmth in mids which I have now.
I also like open and detailed sound but not after too screechy details as you described.

I guess I'm curious to explore a bit of more open sound while remain the bass I have now in my living room.

BTW - I've also visited recently a local stereo shop and listened to Proac Tablette Anniversary - they were very appealing to me (sweet bass for small speakers), just not sure they provide enough stage for my relatively small living room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts