Speaker stands with a small top plate?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm discussing this on the thread named 'Rear speaker stands!', but thought I should open a new thread with a more specific subject.

I recently purchased a pair of Tangent Evo speakers. I really like them.

However, I read that bookshelf speakers shouldn't actually be placed on a bookshelf, so I'm looking to buy some stands.

I liked the look of the Soundstyle z2 stands. However, the top plate is much to large for my speakers. It would look awful.

My speakers are 125mm in width and 160mm in length. Can anyone recommended any stands with a suitably sized top plate? The only ones I've found so far are made by Apollo. I'm thinking about buying the Apollo A1 7s, (with a top plate of 150mm x 125mm) but I'd like some more ideas/choice before I part with my cash.

If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks!

Gav

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Partington Ansa have a small baseplate. I would question the sense in paying as much for the stands as the speakers though! I used to use the Tangent Evos in a bedroom setup before moving on to in-walls. They're great little speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks ever so much, d4v3!

I've checked them out: top plate 128mm x 100mm, so a good size of my speakers. I think I still prefer the Apollo speakers (as the Partington Ansa stands are a bit tall for my needs and, as you mention, a bit pricey).

ÿ

But it is still good to have options and I appreciate your thoughts, d4v3.

ÿ

Interesting to hear you used to have Tangent Evos! I got them about a month ago (it was my first foray into 'home cinema' - up until then I was just playing music out of my iMac in-built speakers) and I LOVE them!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I think the Ansas also come in 60cm high for fronts, check the partington site. My Evo's are still in the loft, I must get round to selling them (along with a lot of other stuff!)

Edit - Just checked site and they are called......ansa60 and cost £105 HERE

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I also struggled to find suitable stands for my Quad-lites 130mm x 150mm, and these where the only ones i found. The Apollo's are great stands for the money. Well made and quite stable, my Quads fit perfectly i don't think you will find anything else for this price. Custom made ones may be an option, but rather expensive i suspect.

A

Anonymous

Considering the number of speakers available which are of similar size to mine (at least there seemed to be a lot when I was in Richer Sounds), I'm surprised there is not more choice of speaker stands with a small top plate.

ÿ

I think (due to the appearance and cost) the Apollo A1 7s are still top of my list.

ÿ

Does anyone know the top plate size of theÿQ Acoustics 1000ST? I can't find the information anywhere.ÿhttp://www.qacoustics.co.uk/speaker_stand/moreinfo.htm

ÿ

Many, many thanks for all the replies. I'm very grateful.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS