SPEAKER FOR ROTEL PRE RC 971 + AMPLI ROTEL RB 981

PIETRO

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
HELLO,
TIPS FOR A COUPLE OF TOWER SPEAKERS TO COMBINE THE ELECTRONICS IN QUESTION. ROOM 25 MQ.
LISTEN JAZZ, CLASSICAL

THANKS

Really boils down to your budget. But I would start off with looking at B&W 684 or equivalent CM range, as B&W and Rotel share the same production plant in Southern England. They are generally a natural match. Otherwise look at Q Acoustics 2050i, Focal 714V, newer Epos Elan range. But they will need a dem to see which best suits your taste.

PIETRO said:
thank you very much
I'm sorry but you've had direct experience, I have limited possibilities of listening

Not the floorstander Q Acoustics but the 2020i, otherwise yes. Not had any experience with the Epos Elan range, although the previous 'M' series was very impressive. And all was heard in a showroom dem not at home.

What are your room acoustics like? Is it reflective (hardflooring, no curtains or soft furnishings) or is it forgiving (carpets, curtains and sofas)? This will make a difference in the whole presentation. And which speakers do you currently have?

You have to pick speakers that will suit your room layout not necessarily your amplifier (unless, perhaps you are running a very low powered SE tube amp).

Knowing your budget would help as would how far out into the room you can realistically place your speakers.

PIETRO

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
sorry
currently listening with the JBL LX 80.
The source is a player rotel rcd 06 se.
Possibility of listening to speakers very limited
The room is furnished on average, a bit reflective

Tranks

I still cannot see any mention of the budget you have for these speakers.

It might also be nice to know if you can buy through a dealer or you intend to buy 'blind' over the internet.

What do you consider wrong with your LX80's?

PIETRO

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I could buy on the internet except some brands (B & W, Opera Loudspeaker, Sonus Faber) available in my area

I'd like to have a more refined sound, sweet and musical

budget € 1000 / 2000

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I would agree with B&w good choice. You have not stated your budget...

I have a Rotel RA05 SE Amp. and i tryed a few speakers with my amp and fouun Monitor audio Br5 sound great. the monitor audio compliment the rotel sound Good timing and Bass . Depending on budget you could go for the RX6 From monitor auido...

What cables are you using as i tred various and i found Black rhodium Tango speaker cable to sound great

Down to personal choice of course just what i found best with the ROTEL Amps

PIETRO

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the advice.

with b & w and MA I'm afraid to sound too bright but I should try

spendor I never heard though surely are great speakers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts