speaker demo

dap33

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Finally went to my first ever speaker demo at auido t in cardiff, had to lug my abrahamsen amp across 2 streets because of lack of parking. The guys at auido t were very good, spent about 3 hrs trying out various speakers.

Music used was hip-hop and drum & bass flac quality. First set i listened to were the B&W cm6s2 and to me they souned awsesome. Next up was Spendor A5 and they sounded just as good but with more bass. Kef r300 was next and the bass on these bad boys was really good you could feel it in your chest. Last set was the PMC 23 and again these were outstanding speakers, but you had to knock the volume up to get the bass banging.

TBH all the speakers sounded really good to me, but i'm going to have to have another listen to the B&W cm6s2 and Kef r300 if i go for the bookshelf speakers. They didn't have the r500s so i want to listen to these against the PMC 23 as well.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
dap33 said:
Finally went to my first ever speaker demo at auido t in cardiff, had to lug my abrahamsen amp across 2 streets because of lack of parking. The guys at auido t were very good, spent about 3 hrs trying out various speakers.

Music used was hip-hop and drum & bass flac quality. First set i listened to were the B&W cm6s2 and to me they souned awsesome. Next up was Spendor A5 and they sounded just as good but with more bass. Kef r300 was next and the bass on these bad boys was really good you could feel it in your chest. Last set was the PMC 23 and again these were outstanding speakers, but you had to knock the volume up to get the bass banging.

TBH all the speakers sounded really good to me, but i'm going to have to have another listen to the B&W cm6s2 and Kef r300 if i go for the bookshelf speakers. They didn't have the r500s so i want to listen to these against the PMC 23 as well.

Parking is a bit hit and miss - luck of the draw whether you get a space close - if you do buy speakers you can park across the staff carpark and usually the staff will help carry the speakers out to you.

Out of interest which version of the abrahamsen amp do you have?

dap33

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
They didn't really no what it was other than it looked like electrocompaniet and wasn't an entry level amp. They did say that they thought it matched well with Kef r300

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts