SPEAKER CABLE FOR ROTEL MONITOR AUDIO

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Guys Im looking to buy some speaker Cable for my System, My system is Rotel RA05SE AMP ARCAM CD73 Cd and Monitor Audio BR5 Speakers. Im Not looking to open the debate on cables, I use russ andrews interconnects and power cables, MY budget is around £200 I need 2x 2.5 metre pair anyone got any advise on speaker cable with similar kit or experience on speaker cables thanks .

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Guys Im looking to buy some speaker Cable for my System, My system is Rotel RA05SE AMP ARCAM CD73 Cd and Monitor Audio BR5 Speakers. Im Not looking to open the debate on cables, I use russ andrews interconnects and power cables, MY budget is around £200 I need 2x 2.5 metre pair anyone got any advise on speaker cable with similar kit or experience on speaker cables thanks .

Hi robg1976

I'll recommend standard 500 strand OFC speaker cable as I feel it'll be more then good enough for your system. Fwiw, I don't use anything more then standard 500 strand OFC speakers cables with Monitor Audio's reference Platinuim Series of speakers and with amplification such as Plinius Hiato, Naim NAP 250, Krell FPB600, etc.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

p_m_brown

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I must admit that I am a bit of a Chord Company fan boy(although no commercial links) and I have found Rumour has worked very well on a number of set ups.

If you have a load of other Graham Slee cabling, you could try their Spatia speaker cable. I've not tried it myself but their are some very good reviews on this forum if you do a quick search.

Ignore the bell wire brigade and trust your ears!

Edited -Sorry, misread your other cables :doh: The Russ Andrews stuff is called Kimber!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi robg1976

I'll recommend standard 500 strand OFC speaker cable as I feel it'll be more then good enough for your system. Fwiw, I don't use anything more then standard 500 strand OFC speakers cables with Monitor Audio's reference Platinuim Series of speakers and with amplification such as Plinius Hiato, Naim NAP 250, Krell FPB600, etc.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Lol , we are the bell wire brigade Rick. Ah well let em get on wi it eh.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I would get Van Damme OFC 4mm about £5 pm, several ex Rumour users think its better and its cheaper. You could try Tellurium Q Black thats about £50 pm. But probably too much for your system.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
floyd droid said:
Get some 511 ofc multi strand and some bananas. Then spend the remaining 150+ quid down the pub. Or blow the lot on foo .

+1

Spending £200 on speaker cable is waste of money. You can get 5 meters of good quality OFC speaker cable and banana plugs for under £50. You won't hear any difference by buying cables that cost more than this.

...and it leaves you with £150 to spend on something worthwhile like music. :rockout:

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
robg1976 said:
I want to get the best cable for my budget,

Obviously you're free to spend your money on whatever you choose and I respect that. :)

But you won't get any improvement to the sound by spending £200 rather then £50. IMO you'd be better off spending the extra £150 on something more worthwhile like your girlfriend or your family.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
robg1976 said:
I want to get the best cable for my budget,

Obviously you're free to spend your money on whatever you choose and I respect that. :)

But you won't get any improvement to the sound by spending £200 rather then £50. IMO you'd be better off spending the extra £150 on something more worthwhile like your girlfriend or your family.

Just beware that some "hifi" cables have huge mark-ups in price, I would stick to the pro cables or multistrand OFCs. I would put the money towards a better amp or speakers or more music.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I would make up your own mind.

Try some Atlas or TQ around your budget, and if you don't hear a difference over cheap OFC cables, then save your money......simples.

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I would make up your own mind.

Try some Atlas or TQ around your budget, and if you don't hear a difference over cheap OFC cables, then save your money......simples.

This is absolutely the best solution. Make up your own mind by trying them for yourself.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
sound like a good solution mate, im going down audio T now, they are willing to let me try some blackrhodium tango and some ofc cable to compare, cant be bad, worth a trial at home, thanks guys

audiodarkness

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I find is amazing people still use rubbish cable. I have always bought good quality cable, not because I was told to, but because I listened to the difference and felt (for me) it gave an adequate improvement for the amount of money I cost.

I use Chord odyssey on my system, speak to someone at Chord and see what they recommend for your system, they actually know what they are talking about!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts