speaker cable connectors

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Due to a recent change in where i keep my tv and av equipment my speaker cable is about 1mtr too short if i was to purchase another 1mtr speaker cable would i lose any quality by using speaker connectors to attach one cable to another instead of me buying a whole new 10 mtr speaker cable in one run the connectors are plastic have 2 screws on each end square shaped and you simply connect the connector to the cable and then the extra cable to the other end of the connector to make it longer. hope some one can advise as the cable is £5.50 a mtr so dont wont to spend more money cable is QED silver anniversary cable. Thankyou.

A

Anonymous

i am not as pro but i would not think you would lose a lot by joining the cable and looks like you are paying over the odds i payed £4.00 mt for the same cable

A

Anonymous

Thanks will try it see how it turns out i actually got the cable from ebay originally for 3.99 per mtr but seen it in the shops for over 5 pounds

thanks again

A

Anonymous

Sell the old cable on ebay and buy a longer length.

Incidently there are better cables available than QED SA to be had for similar money on ebay. Try Chord carnival for example

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Personally, If I were joining two lengths of speaker cable, I'd use bullet connectors. You can crimp and/or solder them onto the wire, and they're cheap as chips to buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts