sound bar or speakers

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mushy, Recently sold a Sony SDR-DN1000 and Jamo 102 speaker package to purchase a Yamaha YSP-2200.

Can't speak for the Bostons but my Yamaha ' Walks all over' my old set up. Very, very impressed. Fantastic spread of effects, cohesion, rich warm sound, and thats in a room it shouldn't work in!

You could offer me £500 and the kit above and i wouldn't swap it for my new soundbar. Can't see the point in going for style system seperates again. Can't speak for you're room design but as i have found out and noted in the WHF review the bar is pretty flexible regards placement.

However if you need to connect Component or composite kit then you may need to look at an amp anyway.

Good Luck

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Was interested in one of these but my pana plas does not have optical or hdmi audio return so i gather i cant connect ? do these bars need to sit directly underneith the tv as mine is on the wall and i would sit the bar on my ovid rack which is a couple of feet under my tv?

A

Anonymous

LOST: Was interested in one of these but my pana plas does not have optical or hdmi audio return so i gather i cant connect ? do these bars need to sit directly underneith the tv as mine is on the wall and i would sit the bar on my ovid rack which is a couple of feet under my tv?

You could run hmdi from your player to your TV, and run optical from your player to soundbar - no need to link the TV to the player directly I think.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure that HDMI designed for input can suddenly 'output'.

Regards the wall mounted Plasma. After looking at your kit list i am guessing that you use your Virgin box for TV so you should be able to use HDMI to TV with an optical lead from Virgin Box to Yamama YSP-2200 to supply Dolby Digital. If you just use Freeview then sound is only stereo anyway so you should have audio RCA sockets on back to send to Yamaha where it can be converted to Pro Logic 2 Surround sound. My TV rack is 45cm high and sitting on top is great whilst sitting on regular size settee.

Also have my the sub on the bottom shelf our heavy wooden AV stand and works really well, no concerns.

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Cookie Monster:

Not sure that HDMI designed for input can suddenly 'output'.

Regards the wall mounted Plasma. After looking at your kit list i am guessing that you use your Virgin box for TV so you should be able to use HDMI to TV with an optical lead from Virgin Box to Yamama YSP-2200 to supply Dolby Digital. If you just use Freeview then sound is only stereo anyway so you should have audio RCA sockets on back to send to Yamaha where it can be converted to Pro Logic 2 Surround sound. My TV rack is 45cm high and sitting on top is great whilst sitting on regular size settee.

Also have my the sub on the bottom shelf our heavy wooden AV stand and works really well, no concerns.

Yes cookie i use the virgin v+ for tv . i didnt realise the v+ would have optical !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts