Sony STRDH800 help . . . . .

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
APPLE TV

V+ Cable box

Playstation 3

Samsung M87BDX TV

I have just purchased this reciever and have set it all up as i believe correctly. All cables etc plugged in and all settings on various sources are set to send highest quality A/V.

When playing Blu Ray disc in the Playstaion i appear to be getting 5.1 sound but there is no sign on the display saying whether it is decoding Dolby Digital or DTS or any other format, just that it is Linear PCM. I am not up on much of this kind of jargeon, but am guessing it is getting the right signals ?!?!

Also with the V+ box it does not seem to be 5.1 on any of the HD channels only putting out 2 channel stereo, the box is set to output audio through the HDMI cable, should i have to output audio from the optical socket on the V box to achieve 5.1 sound ?

If anyone could help it would be much apreciated

Thanks

A

Anonymous

The ps 3 decodes the sound itself and sends it as linear pcm to your amp. You are still getting high def sound it's just that it's already been decoded in the ps 3 then sent to the amp. To check just press the display button on your ps 3 remote or controller when watching a blu ray and it should show the audio bit rate in mbps not kbps and your blue multichannel light should be on on your amp. As for the v+ box i'm not sure it can output 5.1.

A

Anonymous

ah i think that makes sense, I have previously had my V+ connected to my old amp through an optical cable and was getting DolbyDigital on HD channels, im thinking that V+ box only outputs DD through the optical cable ? anyone have any clues to this ?

A

Anonymous

I also just bought the amp, and struggled a bit to get 5.1 from the the PS3. The trick that worked for me was to press the "movie" button on the H800 remote, this switches the sound from stereo to surround, press the "music" button to return to plain old stereo.

I'm still have AV sync problems though.... My Bravia 40W4500 is still not lip syncing the voices, does anyone have recommended av sync delay values? It very hard to do this on trial and error. I can see that it is out off sync, but hard to pick the right delay.

Are these delay values dependent on the input souce? I would guess that the Bravia is faster to get full HD input on the screen then when I should first upscale DVD input to 1080? Am I correct here? What av sync values do people owning a H800 and a Bravia W series LCD recommend? I have everything interconnected with HDMI.

Thanks in advance for your help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts