Anthem MRX Series vs Sony ES vs other

martois

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my A/V receiver. Have a Yamaha TSR 6750 bought some time ago. It served my needs nicely. I am now needing something that will continue to do a good job with home theater (5.1 is all I am set up for) but can also be used for a decent turntable. So looking for an A/V receiver with analog throughput. If anyone has any feedback (pardon the pun) or other suggestions, let me know!!

I am looking to upgrade my A/V receiver. Have a Yamaha TSR 6750 bought some time ago. It served my needs nicely. I am now needing something that will continue to do a good job with home theater (5.1 is all I am set up for) but can also be used for a decent turntable. So looking for an A/V receiver with analog throughput. If anyone has any feedback (pardon the pun) or other suggestions, let me know!!
Anthem make excellent kit although I am not too sure if, and what quality, their ability to produce an analogue input is .
I assume your turntable has a inbuilt phono preamp?

Reactions: martois

jjbomber

Bit over the top at £2,200 but this is what I use for 5.1, even though it can do a lot more:

Reactions: Al ears and martois

martois

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
After reading reviews I went with the Anthem MRX 740. Got it all set up with their room correction program ARC last night and I could not be happier. This receiver is so versatile! Things I love about it:
1. Surround sound processing: I have it set up as a 5.1.2 Atmos system for movie watching and the surround is very immersive with very clear dialog on center without needing to raise the output on the center channel
2. For my turn table, I created several different speaker patterns including 2.1 (my front speakers are bookshelf so the sub is nice to add in) all the way to 7.1. I use 2.1 or 3.1 (added center channel) if I am listening on the couch. Creates an experience close to two channel. 7.1 is going to be great when I friends over and we in hanging out across the room. Set the 7.1 as mono through all channels, and since they are firing at each other it creates a nice sound stage from across the room
3. The ability to customize inputs with different sound and video sources. I created one for when I want to have a game on the TV but listen to a record, for example.

For my space and needs, this receiver is perfect!

Reactions: bigboss and Messiah

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts