Sony KDL46Z4500 OR Samsung UE46B7020

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

greychins46:
No problem. You might want to try another retailer(s) who will give you a little more time / help (and respect as a potential paying customer) so that you can make an informed purchase.

Maxflinn - you're right, I forgot the sound part out of my list. Even more important when it comes to cars, of course.
emotion-5.gif

you cant beat a v8 mate
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Nothing can beat the Kuro 5090 for picture quality, although, 10 feet is to close for a 50 inch! You can pick up Pioneer's 46 inch lcd for £1600 which is also a good TV, but not as good as plasma. No matter what features are put in LCD like LED, 200hz, etc... Nothing can beat the contrast and motion on a plasma, have you considered a panasonic plasma?

Systematic

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Well,

God willing, I will have a UE46B8000 sat at home waiting for me when I finish work.

All for £1690.00 + 5 year warranty.

I feel like a kid waking up on christmas morning only to see santa and his reindeers flying off.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEA!

A

Anonymous

Systematic:
Well,

God willing, I will have a UE46B8000 sat at home waiting for me when I finish work.

I feel like a kid waking up on christmas morning only to see santa and his reindeers flying off.

Thats Great
emotion-21.gif
!

Can you please update us with its picture quality specially with SD channels?

Also, how it is different with UB467000 model?

Question for What Hifi guys: Are you going to review this model soon?

Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

aulakh:Systematic:
Well,

Thats Great
emotion-21.gif
!

Can you please update us with its picture quality specially with SD channels?

Also, how it is different with UB467000 model?

Question for What Hifi guys: Are you going to review this model soon?

Thanks in advance!

If its picture quality is some what near to Kuro 5090 then, I think, its worth to buy it because of its features and looks.

A

Anonymous

please let us all know what its like system ? ive read you really have to tweak it to get the best picture , but its meant to be very good then ... im jealous
emotion-12.gif

Systematic

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Man i can't wait to leave this office.

My brother is on his way back with the unit right now.

We live in Manchester but the Costco's near us had nothing. In fact 3 came in and 3 went out. All Costco's in UK are showing zero units except 1 warehouse - Derby.

I told my brother to bomb it down. Thankfully he managed to secure a unit and is driving home with it right now. The price (£1609 with a 5 year warranty) is absolutely fricken fantastic considering some online retailers are pricing above £2100! In addition to that - most Costco members will agree that their return policy is one of the best one's ever. No questions asked and full refunds given.

I am dying to leave work and get in. I need to make a short stop and purchase a couple of HDMI cables.

The reason why im more overly excited than normal is because for the past 12 years i've been using a Goodmans 28"!!

I have never watched a Blu-ray in full, played HD gaming via the PS3 and all the other fun stuff.

After doing extensive research on TV's (going back to the old flagship Bravia X3500), i finally bit the bullet with the UE46B8000.

I am expecting my balls to be blown off.

AFAIK Costco Derby has 8 units left.

A

Anonymous

jesus , you really have been high def celibate , heres some blurays that look great , i am legend , 2001 a space odysey , apocolipto , dark city .. also , if you google samsung ue46b7020 you will find a review of that model , on the same site the reviewer gives the calibrated settings for it , not exactly the same as yours i know but should give you a guide to a good picture ... have fun ...

Systematic

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Ive applied the 7020 settings found but I don't think they are all that.

Only reason I say that is because the 8000 has extra blacking options and can therefore make a massive difference. Im waiting for the same site to post the best settings for B8000.

A

Anonymous

Ive got the b8000 on order I cant wait to get it but I dont wanna rub it in systematic I only paid £1514 with 5 year warranty

A

Anonymous

Movie Man:Ive got the b8000 on order I cant wait to get it but I dont wanna rub it in systematic I only paid £1514 with 5 year warrantyWOW!! may we know from where you bought this please?

Systematic

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Movie Man:Ive got the b8000 on order I cant wait to get it but I dont wanna rub it in systematic I only paid £1514 with 5 year warranty

I dont mean to rub it in but that is the price of the 40" model:

I got the 46",

BRAP!

FYI, the 46" on that site is £1849.99.

BRAP again!

A

Anonymous

lol
emotion-4.gif
u had to go 1 better lol how u getting on with your tv.. my tv wants to hurry up and be delivered lol

A

Anonymous

Systematic:
FYI the 40" in Costco is about £1350.00

I need someone to give me the best settings for this.

theres another review , meant to be trusted , where the reviewer finds a big jump in picture quality after some tinkering . its also your tv b8000

Systematic

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:Systematic:

theres another review , meant to be trusted , where the reviewer finds a big jump in picture quality after some tinkering . its also your tv b8000

Hey man can you link me to this?

So far Ive read the TR review and the HDGuru review.

A

Anonymous

Systematic:maxflinn:Systematic:

its the tr one i meant ..

A

Anonymous

Systematic:maxflinn:Systematic:

google ue467020 reviews , theres one you missed h d t v t e s t , settings there ...

Systematic

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Yea sorry mate.

I applied the 7020 ** settings and let me tell you - they are cack.

I would like the same site or someone similar to detail the best results/settings for the 8000.

A

Anonymous

i had a look online , couldnt find any settings for the 8000 , samsung gives so many options i guess its gonna take time to get a picture you like , still , its a nice problem to have ...

A

Anonymous

Today, I went to my local dealer (Weybridge Audio), and the salesman there was really helpful. He showed me the same SD/HD picture quality on the tvs I was interested in. Here is my experience:
[*]Pioneer Kuro 5090: Excelent Picture Quality, Colours were more natural and real than others but SD picture was more grainy than Samsug UE46B8000 from a close distance (from 3 mts distance Kuro was fine but samsung was even better from very short distance).[*]Sony 46'' Z4500: Was not a better picure quality than 5090A or UE46B8000, quite bulky (width wise and front bottom pannel) than UE46B8000.[*]Samsung UE46B8000: Nice uniform colours (though a bit cold and flat clours than Kuro), Nice looks, Very Slim, Impressive picture quality, very smooth movements.
Having said that, For me Samsung is winner. I don't mind spending more money on Kuro 5090 but don't see any real benefit. Samsung is really good in playing multimedia and internet widgets as well. So going to buy this one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts