Sony KDL-**HX923 Motionflow problem?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've noticed that occasionally the Motionflow dejuddering doesn't seem to work on broadcast material. I first spotted it on a clip on BBC HD Preview.

Most of the time Motionflow is brilliant, but for this clip it didn't seem to be active at all. Juddering was clearly visible on pans and rapid movements.

Someone on Usenet has suggested it may be to do with 1080p transmissions, which apparently only appear on BBC HD at the moment.

Has anyone here observed this problem? Have you been able to relate it to 1080p transmissions?

Steve

A

Anonymous

Can't comment on your specific tv mate as I do not own one.

I have a sony 40 inch 100htz 2009 model I can say that motion with blu ray and dvd in general is better than on TV or sky Maybe this is due to everything using pal 50htz signal. I especially notice this on shows like modern family where there are fast camera movments but this is an american show and sky I guess has to convert to 50 htz signal. I am sure that my PS3 outputs blu ray and dvd at 60htz signal.

I know what you mean though in my case it seems to grab control of the motion then loses it and then gets it again. I always have my film mode set to Auto 1 and standard motionflow best for me.

BTW mate HD bradcast to my knowlege is all 1080i your tv should tell you this when you press the info button.

Hope this helps mate

andy_s

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Snakey,

The Beeb are currently in trials with 1080p broadcasts and thats probably why it appears flakey at the moment, it is believed we will know more on this at the end of the year.

i find the tv works best with motionflow set low or off and any other picture processing off and picture mode set up in custom.

A

Anonymous

andy_s said:
Snakey,

The Beeb are currently in trials with 1080p broadcasts and thats probably why it appears flakey at the moment, it is believed we will know more on this at the end of the year.

i find the tv works best with motionflow set low or off and any other picture processing off and picture mode set up in custom.

andy_s

That is really great news is that only via freeview HD? or sky HD and freesat too? I don't know weather this is true but a sky technician told me that sky do not have the bandwidth to support 1080p or if they do it will be very few channels. But anything Sky say I smell a faint scent of salt in the air...

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I have an HX803, and I've not noticed any juddering on the BBC preview with Motionflow on. I always have it set to 'Clear'. Maybe have a go with the different settings?

The BBC HD channel does switch between 1080p and 1080i frequently, and I know there were problems with sound on certain sets when the resolution changed. The only issue I had was that the picture size changed slightly when switching between 1080i/p, but that was rectified by setting the image size to Screen Fit.

andy_s

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Snakey said:
andy_s said:
Snakey,

andy_s

That is really great news is that only via freeview HD? or sky HD and freesat too? I don't know weather this is true but a sky technician told me that sky do not have the bandwidth to support 1080p or if they do it will be very few channels. But anything Sky say I smell a faint scent of salt in the air...
not too sure with sky or virgin as not really looked into it, im a freeview user and since a technician has told you sky do not have the bandwidth to support this there is an element of truth to it, to be honest after the trials have finished perhaps everyone will know more from the BBC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts