Sony KDL-40W4500 Where?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Brand new to this, so in depth, high tech speak, if you don't mind.

Looking for a resonabily priced tv with a good review decided on the above.

Had one on order for three weeks now with microwarehouse. No signs of any delivery. researched at the local sony centre, they say its down to demand and supply issues.

1. Can anyone say why this is so and give any indication when they may be available.

2. In this forum I've read of a few problems with this model. Am I in my right mind pursuing this TV

matthewpiano

The model is, to all intents and purposes, in its last throes before the new W5500 is released in March. At present its a matter of getting stock in to fulfil the backlog of orders. We've stopped taking orders on this model now. Its the same story across most manufcaturers at present because March/April is traditionally the season for new ranges.

Yes, it is worth pursuing because its a fantastic TV. Judge it with your own eyes when you get one and speak to your retailer if you have any issues.

A

Anonymous

Well, I got one last week from the Sony Center in London Tottenham Court Road (£979 with 5 year warraty included, not the best price, but pretty good).

I know you can order it from them but they quote a 3 to 4 weeks waiting period, even though I was lucky enough to get mine on the day. I know Richer Sounds have ordered a bunch as well, and Play.com seem to have it in stock.

As for the problems mentioned (clouding/backlight), it's a bit of a set-by-set basis. If you only judge by the forums here, you will see that there are a certain number of people having issues. Still, I don't believe this affects the majority of sets, and mine is totally fine.

Maybe the best thing is to try and agree with whichever retailer you go for to exchange the set if you encounter those problems yourself.

Alternatively, you can wait a couple of months for the 5500 series to come out, although there are noÿguarantiesÿit'll be as good as the 4500 range.

Tÿ

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Most 2008 TV ranges are now reaching the end of their lifecycle, with the 2009 models due out in the next few months. We know for sure that the new Panasonic Vieras and Sony models are on the way in March, and others will follow suit. But it could be a good time to get a discount on the models which are about to be replaced.

A

Anonymous

Look seriously at the Panasonic PZ81 1st. I had the Sony 4500 as read all the hype & reviews. I am MUCH happier with my Panasonic now IMHO it beats the pants off in every aspect of the LCD.

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough: But it could be a good time to get a discount on the models which are about to be replaced.

Plus by the time March comes around ............... the Exchange Rate (Yen - Pound etc ......) will have truly set in and the prices will be significantly higher than these perfectly good 2008 models!

Recently bought a 46" 4500 from my local Sony Centre (1 week B4 Christmas) and beat them down from £1650 to just £1165 with a 5 Year Guarantee ........... so deals can be done.

If your well in to Football, you may be more interested in the 200Hz Models .............. but if not you'll find the 100Hz more than adequate as I have found ............ great SD picture both on std terrestrial and freeview ................ DVD's (using a Sony DVD HDD to upscale) are superb .................... and my newly acquired BD Player (with only one film so far in my collection!!!) is OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Supply can be a bug-bear ................ have you tried hunting around the internet ................? RGB (http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/) ............ They have them IN STOCK at £998 (just checked today 13/02/2009 12.35pm) ................?
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts