Question Best amp for TV, gaming and music streaming using arc

mrob

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
Hi all!

A few months in and still love the Marantz' PM6007! Such good advice - decided to come back for a new question.

I have a Tv in the living room connected via eArc with a Sony AV. I also have a turntable connected there, and the speakers are Elac debut 6.0.

All is great, because of arc, I use only the atv remote for everything but the turntable, and sound is good. But...

I cannot stream Qobuz (or any hires music) to the amp, and the amp runs very hot (because of the kind of furniture).

I am thinking of replacing the amp - I want a smaller form factor, streaming capability (if possible -this is one I could add later with Wim pro) and can power the speakers.

I have these 3 in mind, but one stands out with a very lower price:
- Marantz' NR1510 (800$)
- Bluesound Node Edge (850$)
- Arylic B50 (<200$)

I am looking for advices, experience with these, and other products to look for.

Since it is in the living room, I would prefer limit the budget because anyway there will not often be a reason to really listen to music there, other than for ambiance.

Anyone has experience with Arylic products?

Edit: the arc functionality is a must, live the convenience!

Thanks!

mrob

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
So, no reply, I guess I might not be asking the right question?

Looking for a small integrated amp to connect stereo speakers (ELAC Debut 6.0). What I'm trying to do is to connect TV, PS5, Switch, turntable and have music streaming (Qobuz), and less remote controls.

The setup I have which works is something like this:

1. Connect PS5 to TV
2. Connect Switch to TV
3. Connect TV to amp through HDMI ARC (to control power and sound with TV)
4. Connect turntable to amp

The amp I currently have is a Sony STR-DN1050 and it kind of works, except for Qobuz, I have to run through BubblePNP to get there. That amp runs very hot, so it's not good in the small space I have (and it started behaving weird).

My objective is to step up the sound quality and simplify the process to use the system (specifically listening to hires music).

I have seen the following amp:
- Marantz NR1200
- Denon DRA-800H
- Bluesound Powernode (and tuned down edge version)

I ditched Arylic B50 - what I have read is this checks all the boxes except sound quality... Which is a bummer.

I am also opened to any suggestions for a different setup (other than changing the furniture haha) to get there.

Suggestions?

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I take it your going to be using you tv as the switching hub as the blusound won't have enough connectivity?

You options are pretty sound there not much more to add to be honest at your budget

If it was my money and you have enough connectivity id go fo the blusound power node. It has all the streaming services you can a shake a stick at and the software is solid. You can also easily integrate a subwoofer with it as it has hgh pass filtering, very handy.

Reactions: mrob

mrob

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
Right, well, what I really want is to have the simplest experience when using the system, whether it is to listen to music, play game or watch TV. I used to have one remote for the amp, one for the tv, and then depending on the device, another one... With current ARC setup, it's one remote, plus the PS5 controller (or the switch's).

If the Bluesound can drive Elac Debut 6 correctly, I shouldn't need a sub, the room is not big enough. But it's always good to have the option.

thanks!

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Right, well, what I really want is to have the simplest experience when using the system, whether it is to listen to music, play game or watch TV. I used to have one remote for the amp, one for the tv, and then depending on the device, another one... With current ARC setup, it's one remote, plus the PS5 controller (or the switch's).

If the Bluesound can drive Elac Debut 6 correctly, I shouldn't need a sub, the room is not big enough. But it's always good to have the option.

thanks!
For the money you you can’t go wrong. If you buy from Amazon if you don’t like you can send it back no questions asked.

Other options similar to this start to get rather expensive pretty quickly. Blusound sister company NAD sell the m series ( the black cube amps). They have a lot more power but you have to pay the price. Then you have naim a different level altogether.

Not many amps even today have hdmi’s so narrows your options pretty quickly

One option that would be secound hand option and that would be an arcam sr 250. There pretty rare find secound hand and you’d have to add your own streaming solution but boy it sounded nice and very very powerful

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts