Sony EX650AP

LMA

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
After reading alot of reviews including the What Hi-FI one of the Sony EX650 I bought them from Sony.co.uk they came today.

I can't believe how bad they are compared to the ones I got in 2007 free with the ipod shuffle. They sound not even 20% as good as the other Sony MDR EX I got five years ago. I tried them and the other earphones on the same songs on the same ipod shuffle.

I tried to recreate the sound of them though Ableton live and my Hi Fi and the only way to get my hi-fi sounding similar was to cut the entire mids with an EQ and I mean cut them out entirely.

Vocals are hard to hear and have a lot of reverb as if only the reverb of the vocals are there. The overall loudness is less unusable. The Bass did sound a lot tighter but ther was no low end just lots of treble.

Sent Sony a return request. Can't believe my luck. Wonder if it's a bad batch they have been out of stock all December been checking Sony shop every day. Got them Tuesday when I noticed they were in stock.

LMA

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Just fixed them.

When they are pluged fully in to my ipod shuffle some songs there is no singing just the reverb and dely effect of the vocals and lots of other sound missing overall far to quiet.

But if I pull the plug out 2mm from fully in the sound is awsome far better than my £70 MDR-EX phones from a few years ago. Just got to hope it stays in that postion while jogging.

Recomend these now.

LMA

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Still no reply from sony support but after a week they did send me an email inviting me to make a review of the headphones. So I wronte one stating that they do sound great once you work out they require a 4 pole - 3 pole jack and that it needs to be listed on the product page that they need 4 pole socket.. My review was rejected and still no reply from support. I dont have a problem with these phones but I was thinking about a new Sony Walkman which I'm now put off from buying.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts