Sony Bravia Internet Tv connections

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Will any usb wireless dongle work with a Sony wireless ready tv, such as the EX503, or do you have to purchase a specific make and model??

A

Anonymous

I think you have to use Sonys own dongle.Personally I connected mine via ethernet cable but then the router is right next to the telly anyway

idc

No HDMI, from the specs -
1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire) - 4 PIN FireWire
1 x headphones / speakers - output - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
1 x microphone - input - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45
3 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 PIN USB Type A
1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)

daveh75

In that case check to see if your TV has a VGA/D-Sub input (probably labelled PC input, most TVs have them these days).

You'll need to use VGA/D-Sub cable for Video and use a 3.5mm mini-jack to stereo RCA cable for sound. (VGA doesn't carry audio)

daveh75

JohnDuncan:Just get a wireless extender and plug it into the Ethernet port (though i 'm assuming it has one...)I was assuming Ian had an older model Sony that doesn't have network/Iplayer functions.
emotion-1.gif

John Duncan

I think not. Since a Sony wireless dongle is not going to do what a vodafone wireless dongle is going to do. In fact I'd be surprised if the Sony wireless dongle is USB at all.

Get a wireless extender and plug it into the ethernet port, I tell you!

19mad69

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I have the KDL-37EX503 and have recently purchased the following to allow my tv to connect to my wireless network; Vonets VAP11G wifi bridge, cost me £25 on ebay. This works a treat, connects to the ethernet port and is powered via the USB slot. Simple set up on your PC, and it worked first time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts