Sony BDP-S560 - Question for the WHF Team

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know when Sony's latest blu-ray players are to be released?

Also, when will you be carrying out reviews? It will be interesting to see how they fair with the 5 star Panasonic's not to mention the upcoming Pioneer models.

Kind Regards

Andy

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
AFAIK, still no definitive date on the Sony players, though we have requested (and been promised) review samples ASAP.

We will, of course, be comparing the new Sonys and Pioneer with the Panasonics - and anything else that comes along! - before our Awards are judged later this year (and in Group Tests along the way).

Next up in the Blu-ray department is a Group Test of the first in the new-gen of Blu-ray systems, which will appear in our August issue (with subscribers later this month; in shops from 1st July)

A

Anonymous

Great stuff, thanks Clare.

Please can you tell me which players are included in next months test?

Regards

Andy

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's a three-way Group Test of affordable Blu-ray systems, including reviews of:

LG HB354BS

Samsung HT-BD1220

and one of the new Panasonic systems. I'll confirm the model number in a mo.

September issue (out late July - yes, really!) will feature Blu-ray player Supertest, including at least one of the new Sonys, plus Pioneers, Panas etc.

A

Anonymous

Good stuff. Ill just have to be patient and wait for the results I guess; Im after a new blu-ray player and I quite fancy the Sony S560, but my final decision is firmly in the hands of the WHF team and the results of tests. Whichever is best, I will most likely buy ... and then I can stick my Sony 350 in the bedroom.

Thanks

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:Stock incoming date for the BDP-S360 is 24th June. No confirmed date for the 560 as yet.

interesting, I had heard mid July for both. Matthewp - do you have a firm RRP on the 360 yet?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts