SONY 40Z5800 - estimated shelf life?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am considering purchasing a 40Z5800 and have been pleased to see the price reducing in retailers recently. However I have noted a couple of retailers are now stating "limited stock" or "last few" which I am suprised at, as surely this is SONY's latest model.

Can anyone advise if stocks of this model are dwindling or are some retailers trying to tempt buyers to buy now, in order to prevent them discounting this model any further?

A

Anonymous

im sure mathewpiano said the z range will continue to be sold alongside the 2010 range ?

A

Anonymous

the 08 z4500 series had bravia 2 .. the 09 , z5500 , z5800 has bravia 3 ...

do try and keep up
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Have checked the SONY website (I should have looked there earlier!) and the 2010 range is there, but I have not noticed them in the shops or with on-line retailers yet.

I still like the look of the 40Z5800, so I guess I will have to judge when the discounting is going to end and take the plunge.

A

Anonymous

according to mathewpiano the z5500 is discontinued but the z5800 will continue alongside the current range , but i dont know how long for ...

matthewpiano

The 40Z5800 is a Freesat model for which there is no replacement in the new range. The current (read '2009') Freesat range continues until the summer. There are no new Freesat models in the pipeline.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts