Any news about the Sony STR-DN1050?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I read the review. I also read a review on the 1050 on sound and vision (US mag). Everybody rates it as excellent. I'm trying now to sell my Harman 2700. Don't know how long I can wait before I can get my hands on the sony 1050. If I buy a new amp before I sell the old one the wife will kill me, again....lol.

paulo72

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
hybridauth_facebook_100006011561797 said:
I read the review. I also read a review on the 1050 on sound and vision (US mag). Everybody rates it as excellent. I'm trying now to sell my Harman 2700. Don't know how long I can wait before I can get my hands on the sony 1050. If I buy a new amp before I sell the old one the wife will kill me, again....lol.

This has to be the quickest sale ever. The Harman Kardon 2700 was I believe a waste of money. I will have to pay an extra $50 and I will pick up a sony 1050 tomorrow. I trust what hifi reviews. I know I will be very happy. I finally have HDMI passthropugh. I know I will love the sony dynamic sound, especially with TV and movies. HK receivers are overpriced.

paulo72

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I sold my Harman Kardon AVR 2700, on Wednesday evening and for $95 extra purchased my Sony STR-DN1050. Was it a mistake? Hell no. The Sony is a a much better av receiver. The clarity of the vocals, the sweet highs the punchy, tight bass. At lower volumes the sound is even better than the HK 2700, which has Dolby Volume. I can honestly say my Home Theatre is finally to my liking, I am happy. What Hi Fi are the only reviews I trust. I purchased my JBL Studio 5 (530's) because a review I read on What HiFi and now the Sony STR-DN1050. Your reviews are spot on. I calibrated my 1050 after running the Automatic Calibration with an SPL Meter, but I prefer the settings used in the Sony's Auto Calibration. The only thing I changed were the Crossover Settings for the Speakers. Also turned on the Auto Volume and set the sound optimizer to 'Normal'. Also love the Sony 'HD DCS Engineer and the Theatre' surround sound processing. I've read the 1050 uses alot of equipment and features from the ES Series. I Iove it.

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I read really good reviews about the STR-DN1050 but I didn't find any information about how well the pass through works and the power consumption in this mode. For some reason Sony doesn't publish this info in the specification.

Can someone shae his insights?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts