Sony 40W4500 - Dark Scenes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well i have the above tv and just finished watching Cloverfield on Bluray. The room was well lit and as you all know this movie is quite dark as it is set at night. Now the problem my eyes seem to pick up is that when something goes from very dark to light, instead of a smooth transition (like a fade in or fade out) it instead jumps, there is a sudden increase in contrast it seems from dark to light and sudden decrease from bright to dark scenes between frames. I dont even know if im explaining what im seeing properly but i hope someone understands and can help me...

Also when you press stop on the bluray player, which is a Sony BDP S350, does it go to the home menu, go black with 1080p written at the top for a second and then back to the home menu?

A

Anonymous

If im getting the gist of what your saying it could be the backlights dimming to get better blacks then brightening for the brighter stuff....does that sound right???

A

Anonymous

Yeh spot on, can i get rid of it?? My backlight is set to 1.. i would have thought that was low enough for that not to happen..

A

Anonymous

My sony 20w4000 did the same its just a trait of LCD's there not a lot you can do about it, as far as im aware anyhow!!!

A

Anonymous

I don't think it's your backlight setting.

There's a feature called "Adv. Contrast Enhancer" (it's in the 'Advanced Settings' within the Picture Menu) that adjusts the backlight for dark or light scenes. Try switching this off altogether and see if your problem goes away. I have the 40W4000 with the setting off and don't notice the issue you're describing.

Hope this helps!

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys, will try turning the contrast enhancer off and see what happens..

A

Anonymous

No idea what the light sensor does, but will be trying everythin 2moro

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts