Faulty Sony Bravia advice please?

Djc84

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a two month old Bravia kdl50w805c was purchased brand new from Argos. Over the past week I have noticed a few dead pixels (3 but possibly more). Don't really think this is acceptable for such a new set which hasn't been used that much. However, Argos are only willing to refund and not replace as it was bought from their eBay store. I wondered is it worth my asking Sony for a replacement, or should I look at a completely different TV? I know this particular model is edge lit and wonder if this could have anything to do with dead pixels occurring so soon? The only other gripe was when watching dark scenes of films, it was very hard to make anything out. Would look into a Samsung alternative but would really miss Kodi.

Any my advice much appreciated.

Take the refund and buy a new TV. I would highly recommend John Lewis or Richer Sounds for their 5-year warranty and best customer support in business. They both price match.

You can buy a Sony again, or get a Samsung.

Djc84

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. No idea if I should chance the Sony again. Is edge lit a lot worse that direct and do you know if Samsung would support Kodi?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Djc84 said:
Thank you. No idea if I should chance the Sony again. Is edge lit a lot worse that direct and do you know if Samsung would support Kodi?

You'll see from my signature that I have a much larger Sony than yours, also edge-lit, two months old, and I've not noticed any dead pixels.

And don't ever buy anything more technologically advanced than a toaster from Argos again.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I think Argos have been good here, offering a refund. Some companies don't cover dead pixels as a fault so the same service might not have been received else where.

TRENDING THREADS