Sonic warmth

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

You've said before about wanting transparency and accuracy, but what you may identify as a warm sound will be coloured.

A

Anonymous

a4quattro:You've said before about wanting transparency and accuracy, but what you may identify as a warm sound will be coloured.

Coloured as beautifully and intricatly as Michalangelo's best.

A

Anonymous

Hughes:

got it for £699. it was a bit odd though, as nextto it there was the new roksan kany ...but he echoed all the criteria i craved for; and actually dismissed the R Kandy as just a bit overbearing, as in too much character. then he tried to sell me monito audio spaekers....mmmm

anyway, now i'm selling my rotel preamp and power amp (RC 10 70 and power amp RB780bx) for...£250.... mixed feelings, as they were sooooo good. hope im doing the right thing

A

Anonymous

Bismarckian:
Hughes:

got it for £699. it was a bit odd though, as nextto it there was the new roksan kany ...but he echoed all the criteria i craved for; and actually dismissed the R Kandy as just a bit overbearing, as in too much character. then he tried to sell me monito audio spaekers....mmmm

anyway, now i'm selling my rotel preamp and power amp (RC 10 70 and power amp RB780bx) for...£250.... mixed feelings, as they were sooooo good. hope im doing the right thing

You won't regret it! Just remember to run it in; ignore what some people say about it making no difference, it does (it's scientifically proven) and otherwise it will sound odd. Also, give yourself a few days to get used to the sound as it will be slightly different (maybe less treble, maybe more or less bass, it depends).

However, for that excellent price, there is no way you will regret it. The Kandy is a bit brighter and a bit more upfront, but it's not overbearing when matched correctly and is certainly not worth overlooking in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

cheers. but you still prefer the a32 right? (for presence and transparency)

A

Anonymous

how do you upload a photo? would show the rotel im selling

A

Anonymous

Bismarckian:cheers. but you still prefer the a32 right? (for presence and transparency)

Yep, for presence and transparency the Arcam rocks...Infact, I was listening to a radio 3 broadcast of a particular Beethoven String Quartet (can't remember what exactly) and the Arcam was truly magnificent at it. It redifines what "timing" is in my opinion; fast as lightning and with a treble that is never harsh and yet supremly sweet. 'Tis a fantastic amp, and I've heard a fair share over the years!

A

Anonymous

Bismarckian:how do you upload a photo? would show the rotel im selling

Sadly, you must first upload the photo to a server (example Flickr or Facebook etc)and then copy the image location into the following format excluding the "'s ["img]address[/img"]

A

Anonymous

goodbye...

http://brighton.gumtree.com/brighton/38/30615738.html

A

Anonymous

also, just noticed that there are two pairs of ports, meaning that i can bi-wire separately. Yupiee!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts