some advice about new projector and setting it up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi please could some help me

im looking into setting up a PJ and screen

i have a good look around the tinternet and at a loss

i have a room that is 16ft by 10.5ft ( i can only use the long axis )

i want to put a 100 inch screen on the wall at one end and mount a PJ 16ft or just under, at the over end, either on the ceiling or a shelf, which could be mounted at the top of the wall say about a 1ft or so down,

now i have my eye on optoma hd23 as it has some good reviews "but open to other makes"

but the throw distance is make things complicated

i have used a few calculators from the internet ....which are telling me that if i put a 100inch up, i would have to have the PJ 13ft away from the screen.... (but that means the PJ would be sitting 3ft away from the back wall and it would feel like it's in the middle of the room hanging from the ceiling )

but if i mount the PJ roughly at the back wall the screen size would have to 120inch to get the correct picture ( and that is just far to big for the wall it would be hanging from )

is there anything i can do so that PJ is at one end of room and a 100inch at the other end ???

thank you andy

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Unless you can find a projector that specifies that it can produce the right size image from that far back, then you'll need to place the projector where it will give the image size you need.

Also, the further back you move it, the weaker the image will be.

If you need to hang the projector closer to the screen, perhaps think about camouflaging it in a box structure or something like that, always ensuring that the ventilation is maintained.

moreseric

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Try to find projector here: http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator-pro.cfm

Put your room and screen prameters (dimensions) and program will show you proper projector. Than you can compare parameters.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
You'll be fine mounting the projector where you planned to. All that will happen is the picture that the projector produces will be larger, due to the extra few feet distance between it and the screen. You can use the projector's zoom function to get it back to the size that will fill your screen. I've just done the same thing myself, with an Optoma HD33 and a 106" screen, from about 14 feet. The picture it produced, untouched, was around 112", but all it took was a couple of small turns of the zoom wheel to get it to fill the 106" perfectly.

Let us know how you get on. And, if this is going to be your first projector, get ready to be impressed! (I know I am with mine!)

A

Anonymous

bretty said:
You'll be fine mounting the projector where you planned to. All that will happen is the picture that the projector produces will be larger, due to the extra few feet distance between it and the screen. You can use the projector's zoom function to get it back to the size that will fill your screen. I've just done the same thing myself, with an Optoma HD33 and a 106" screen, from about 14 feet. The picture it produced, untouched, was around 112", but all it took was a couple of small turns of the zoom wheel to get it to fill the 106" perfectly.

Let us know how you get on. And, if this is going to be your first projector, get ready to be impressed! (I know I am with mine!)

thank you to all ,i was at loss that link was a great help just need to have a good look though it all, as there over 400 PJ (some are old and some are new)

@ bretty thanks

iv ask on other forums "can i just zoom in " but never got a straight answer " yes you can zoom in

looks like i'm one step closer to getting a cinema style room ......

just need to find out if i have the problem of seen "rainbows"

yes it will be my first PJ and cant wait

while i'm on ......what would be the best 100" screen to buy (white or gray)

my walls are white'ish

thanks andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts