Which amp and speakers?

Newby

Jul 26, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone. I’m very new to all of this. A friend of mine is lending me his old Ion Max LP as I have only just started collecting vinyl. Would like some advice on which amp and speakers would be good to get started with. A very underwhelming sound coming through the built in speakers on the Ion deck as expected at the moment. The room it is in is 16ft by 11ft. Thank you in advance for any advice.

PS. I love this forum and am looking forward to going down the whole HiFi wormhole

Hi everyone. I’m very new to all of this. A friend of mine is lending me his old Ion Max LP as I have only just started collecting vinyl. Would like some advice on which amp and speakers would be good to get started with. A very underwhelming sound coming through the built in speakers on the Ion deck as expected at the moment. The room it is in is 16ft by 11ft. Thank you in advance for any advice.

PS. I love this forum and am looking forward to going down the whole HiFi wormhole
Bring money.
the ion max is ok for a child’s bedroom. Nothing more.

Reactions: WayneKerr

SteveH72

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
I don’t know your turntable but I’d be inclined to move it on and start afresh. For £1K, this is a belter.

You could even try and source each component 2nd hand and save a bit. 2nd hand Io - £250-£300. Used Rega P1 about £200. Plus your choice of speakers.

Reactions: Al ears

Newby

Jul 26, 2023
Visit site
Thank you all for the advice. My father in law has actually leant me his old amp and speakers which were sitting in the loft. I am well happy with how everything is sounding at the moment

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS