Sleep timer on proper hifi systems

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
There's a sleep timer on the remote control handsets of my Sony micro system and Bose Wave Music System. The sleep button on the Bose remote is on the top right hand side of the remote and very convenient to use when I've switched off the bedroom light ready to go to sleep.

Does anyone know of a proper hifi system with sleep timer functionality? I'd have thought something like a Cyrus system with control connectivity between the components might have this feature, but I can't find any info about it so far in my search....

A

Anonymous

if you fall asleep when listening to your hifi, perhaps it's time to look at another system?
emotion-2.gif

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Lol :)

My proper systems are in other rooms, but I'm thinking of adding another into my bedroom.

The Bose certainly does a good job of sending me to sleep, but I would like to upgrade to a better system in that room and make good use of my spare speakers (Epos M12.2).

Perhaps you're right though - maybe a better sounding system won't be as good at helping me get to sleep....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
What HiFi Guide to high-end kit

"The dcs Scarlatti is top of the pile, and at £35,000 so it should be. When partnered with the Nautilus there's nothing that can come close. Phenomenal, it's as if Tracy Chapman is standing in front of you. However, we've only awarded it 4 stars due to the absence of a sleep timer."

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I'll strike the Scarlatti off the list then - no sleep timer is bad enough, but having Tracey Chapman in my bedroom would be very inconvenient when I'm wanting to get to sleep!

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Mmm... not thought about a mini system as I all ready have a sony CMT-SE1 micro system in the house as well as the Bose. I Was thinking of more of a hifi seperates type upgrade for a jump up in performance but if the Arcam Solo Mini can offer a decent improvement then perhaps that'll do the trick - I'll put it on my audition list, thanks. As mentioned, I'd like to make use of my Epos M12.2 speakers and the power rating on the Arcam is at the bottom of the Epos's requirements so I'll have to check with the salesman that it's suitable when I have the audition. From what I've found so far, it looks like it could be the only contender on the audition list.

I've had a good look in the Cyrus brochures online for the integrated amps with their MC-BUS system and remote but can find no mention of a sleep button there. I know that a hifi system isn't meant to be a radio alarm clock, but it seems such a useful function to have in an integrated system and surely wouldn't be that hard to add.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts