SKY Recording

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'd firstly like to apologize for my ignorance. I have recently moved to Italy and ordered Sky Box (not HD), which I than connected to the DVD recorder using the Sky's output scart socket to the DVD recorders input socket. I have than connected the DVD recorder to the TV via the DVD scart output to the TV's scart input.

Everything looked dumb easy and should work. However, I am not able to record anything, nor I am able to see the SKY signal via DVD recorder - the picture is visible for one second and than the screen gets green and slowly fades away. When I turn off the DVD, the SKY signal is again perfectly visible. Is it my DVD recorder (Sony with 270 GB HD, forgot the model) or something else?

Please help. Thanks a lot!

A

Anonymous

You may have a problem with the DVD recorder.

There are two SCART outputs on most Sky boxes. One is designed to connect direct to the TV the other is for connection to a DVD recorder or similar.

1) Try connecting up the sky box to the TV and to the DVD recorder using the two sockets and 2 SCART leads.

2) Check the DVD recorder maual for how to set it up to record from the TV. It may tell you to set it in a certain way to be able to do this or to use a certain SCART socket if it has more than one.

3) When you switch on the Sky box and the TV now you should always be able to see the sky picture. When you switch on the DVD it should just be a case of starting the recording process and it will record what is on the TV (that is to say what the sky box is outputting.)

4) some DVD recorders cut the SCART outputs if you have used the "timer record" or "programmable record" function. Some will only do a timer record if switched into standby after programming them.

5) edit - should have said if this works you might need a third SCART lead to playback the DVD to the TV.

Sorry I can't be any more help than that.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Welshboy!

I need some additional clarification (it has to be my English as it is not my mother tongue) - you are suggesting to connect Sky box with TV and than TV with DVD recorder (no direct links between SKY box and DVD recoder) ?

Thank you again!

A

Anonymous

No the opposite.

Your sky box should have 2 SCART outputs. One output is labelled TV - this should be connected to the AV1 SCART socket on your TV.

The other SCART output from the sky box should be connected to the DVD recorder.

If your sky box only has one SCART output connect it to the AV1 SCART on your TV. Connect from the TV AV2 SCART to the DVD recorder.

A

Anonymous

I've tried everyting - no success. However, I can record normal TV signal (via coaxial cable & outdoor antenna). It seems my DVD recorder doesn't recognize/accept the SKY signal.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Which make and model of DVD recorder is it?

I have an old Lite On DVD / HDD recorder and you have to select the source to record from on that. There is no auto selection and the default source is the internal tuner.

As you have said you are recording from the tuner at present. There should be a way to tell the recorder to record from SCART. (On the plus side at least you know it will record something.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts