Sky Player in Windows Media Center

Andy TW

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
I've just downloaded the update for Windows 7 which integrates Sky Player within Windows Media Center.

First impressions are that its works well, much slicker than trying to use the stand alone player, though it doesn't seem to have a way to sign in automatically which is a pain.

However despite paying Sky a small fortune for HD, Movies, Sport, etc. it seems that to watch live content I still have to pay them an additional "multiroom" subsciption.
As my TV's in the same room as my computer it's one subsciption that I won't be paying.

For the stuff I can get for free the streamed picture quality is acceptable (on a 4 meg connection).

Now if they could integrate BBC's iPlayer as well I'd be a really happy bunny.

A

Anonymous

Hi,
You have probably found your solution to the BBC iPlayer by now but just in case you haven't have a look at this: -

http://www.milliesoft.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9:iplayer-mce&catid=1:software&Itemid=11

It's a free plug in that links to BBC as well as many other online players, this will install into WMC and add the iPlayer channels to the 'Extras' menu section.

I'm working in the Sky Player right now, specifically having it sign in automatically - if anyone has an answer to that then that would be great!?

Cheers
Alastair

Andy TW

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
Excellent link, I'll give it a go.

I have to admit my solution was to use BBC iPlayer on my PS3 as it was less hassle than using the PC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts