sky+hd with record feature but no sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
how did this happen and will they ever find out. i previously had freesat hd but after relising my hd box had the pvr function it went on ebay. now the query is the box records with standard sky card but with only bbc hd but when i switch card to fsfs one i lose the pvr funtion but get all the hd on offer. any way of getting the pvr function with the fsfs card at no extra cost. any thoughts

A

Anonymous

"FreeSatFromSky" is a joke . To get the pvr functionality u need to pay sky £10 a month.

You would do better getting a proper freesat box with pvr built in like the Humax Foxsat. They both have the same channels (the unencrypted satellite channels).

Sky should not be allowed to call their service Freesatfromsky.

daveh75

edsib1: To get the pvr functionality u need to pay sky £10 a month. Which has nothing to do with FSFS and is only available to existing subscribers as a'downgrade'.

You would do better getting a proper freesat box with pvr built in like the Humax Foxsat.I agree,i f you want the PVR functionality, and an EPG uncluttered by channels you can't watch.

They both have the same channels (the unencrypted satellite channels). Well strictly speaking, they don't!

Sky has around 100 more FTA channels included on it's EPG than Freesat. Though they can be added/watched on a Freesat box in ''non- Freesat' mode.

But Sky also has 10 FTV (free,but encrypted) channels,9 of which are only available with a Sky viewing card/equipment, the other 1 being Five, as its encrypted on Sky,despite also being FTA/available on Freesat.

Sky should not be allowed to call their service Freesatfromsky. Why? it is 'Free'...They clearly state in their T&Cs that PVR functionality requires a subscription.

A

Anonymous

i think everyone has missed the point, i plugged an old sky box in that i got from a friend with his old cancelled sub card and the box WILL let me record as normal, when i change the sky card to fsfs it wont let me record any more. i find it a bit strange that the machine has held its pvr capabilities. i have had the box running and have made hundreds of recordings sunce and it is working a ok. fsfs isnt so bad if you just put the available channels in favourites and press yellow when you go to the epg.

A

Anonymous

hi thanks to every one for their replys. i understand fsfs isnt the best service but for me on my low budget a 10 pound sky box with all the same channels as freesathd plus a few more isnt a bad way to go especially when you take the pvr function into the equazion. plus 25 pound for the fsfs card thats 35 pound for a recordable hd sat box, not bad in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

and i have paired the fsfs card to the box and the pvr function still remains with the standard card, is it possible to link two cards to the same box or is this a glitch on skys part?

daveh75

perrydave50:i think everyone has missed the point, i plugged an old sky box in that i got from a friend with his old cancelled sub card and the box WILL let me record as normal, when i change the sky card to fsfs it wont let me record any more. i find it a bit strange that the machine has held its pvr capabilities. i have had the box running and have made hundreds of recordings sunce and it is working a ok. fsfs isnt so bad if you just put the available channels in favourites and press yellow when you go to the epg.
Ah thats much clearer than the OP.

I suspect your friend disconnected the box before Sky sent the 'kill signal' and is why the card is still working - It will go off in the end though, once the PVR 'entitlements' on the card expire.

daveh75

perrydave50:and i have paired the fsfs card to the box and the pvr function still remains with the standard card, is it possible to link two cards to the same box or is this a glitch on skys part?
Pairing only concerns the premium channels, i.e Movies,Sports and PPV and BO events. Other than that any card will work in any box.

A

Anonymous

yeah sorry bout the op. i understand what you meen but the box even records with my mums old sub card from a different address and box and she never had the + faclity it seems to be if there is a sub card old or not, active or not in the box it lets you record. really strange

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts