Sky HD - Motion Blur

ewing_82

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought a new mid-range sony TV and upgraded to Sky HD. Previously I had a CRT and Sky SD. I am not sure if it is the TV or Sky but I get bad motion blur on both SD and HD channels (mostly though in HD!). The TV is only 50hz, but as I don't watch sports I assumed this wouldn't be a problem. The difference between channels can be quite drastic however all channels can at times suffer bad motion blur even on near static scenes.

When people refer to the poor quality of Sky HD do they also mean motion blur or just the dull pixellated pictures?

Cheers

ewing_82

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi, do you mean on the TV or sky box? I have turned off all the TV processing options and calibrated using a THX DVD. This got rid off judder problems I initially had (turning down sharpness massively helped this), now the picture movement is smooth. The motion blur is still there. Is this normal for a 1080i signal or sky?

If you mean processing options on sky box, where would I find these options?

Cheers

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I did mean the tv, if you've already done so & it hasn't helped, then i'm out of ideas, sorry.

maybe somebody else will come along & help.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Their is another thread running "sky hd 1080i or auto" have you tried setting your sky box to auto -see if that helps, just a thought.

ewing_82

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi, yeah I have it set to auto. I take it then that Sky HD doesn't normally suffer from bad motion blur and that there is a problem with either my tv or Sky box ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts